Thursday, July 24, 2014

Amazement Lies In Tiny Ideas & Thoughts

An email sent out to the family earlier tonight..
Thanks guys, all is fine. Judah hurt his foot, but I think he is alright now. He ran into the street barefoot & stepped on something.. it may have been a bee's stinger.
 
A phone may be in my near future! Scott's friend suggested just replacing the broken screen instead of buying another phone. So we took his friend's advice, found a phone store & ordered the screen. It was set to arrive in just 2 days!! FIVE DAYS LATER... the screen arrives. We ended up paying $85 for the new screen. The store had quoted us the wrong amount over the phone & had to stick to it. I'm sure they just didn't understand that we had the GIGANTIC phone. After all, who has the GIGANTIC phone?!? Apparently the screen for our phone should have been $140! Which I guess makes sense, a gigantic phone obviously has a gigantic screen.. and gigantic phone screens are probably hard to come by.. because who buys the gigantic phone?!? Either way it was cheaper than buying a replacement phone - which would have been $200 WITH phone insurance!
 
The screen came in yesterday - they called to let us know today. It arrived cracked. No lying.
 
Scott's co-worker, Tony, is retiring. They have shared an office together for the better part of 6 years. Tony's been at the company for 8 years. He's a military guy - he spent 18 years of his life in the military. He was a major. His last day of work is tomorrow. His wife Cheryl, a nurse, just recently retired. As a parting gift Tony is giving us his iPhone4, haha.
 
Scott HATES Apple.
 
molly.
 
We went to the carousel park this morning - the kids, T and I. Sebastian wanted to bring his bike. I told him we could do that. We started to pull out of the driveway & Sebastian realizes we didn't put his bike in. Our van was pretty packed, there definitely wasn't room. I started to use that as an excuse but quickly stopped myself. T began to give him reasons it was better to leave it at home. When she finally stopped, I looked at her and said, "I told him we would bring it." Then I emptied out the van & put the bike in. There many moments in the day when I don't feel like a very good mom, but at that moment, I'll admit.. I felt like a damn good mom. I don't want to be the parent who shoos their kids ideas & wants away.. because it's so much easier to keep things the same & do things the way we have always done them or maybe their ideas are brand new and not accepted by the world, which never means they aren't worth trying. Those tiny ideas & thoughts could prove to be amazing or they could be just a spark.. but I guarantee they will give that kid strength & power that will live inside him the rest of his life.
 
Before we even got to the playground, Judah stopped at the boat sign, the Willamette Queen. People go for rides & eat meals on this boat as they float along the Willamette river. Judah pointed at the picture of the Willamette Queen and said, "Boat!!" Then he tried to read the numbers, which were times and prices for trips. He pointed out & verbally labeled some other things on the sign too. Then he said, "Potty!!" We were walking in the direction of the potty. He told me "No" or "Nope!" every time I asked him if he wanted to go to the bathroom.
 
The kids had a blast on the playground. Every time we pass this park Judah always points at it and says, "That way!!" And we always drive right on by. Today he couldn't believe it when I turned in!  haha. Judah climbed a ladder on his own - which was no easy feat. Willow, of course, wanted to do the same. She got up one step & was shaking. T was telling her she could do it, while standing 5 feet from the ladder, instructing her to put her foot on the next rung. The ladder was slippery. The playground was wet. I set everything down that I was holding and put my hand on Willow. I gave her a little help but she did a lot on her own. T let me know that I am really safe with my kids because Sebastian is so cautious and I've never had the "other kind of boy". I started thinking about my mom friends & how they just sort of hang out while their kids play.. and they talk for hours with other parents, completely at ease.. as their kid runs in & out of sight. I've never been that mom. I started thinking that maybe I am actually the super careful mom who can't relax. But then I looked up to see Judah running across the play structure 2 feet above me, whizzing by drop offs and landing on top of Sebastian as they flew down the slide. Following right behind them was Willow.. who got a running start and went down the slide head first.. just a couple of feet behind her brothers.. she plummeted off the slide at the end, about a 2 foot drop, right into the mud. Truth be told, I've got the kids who run in 2 separate directions at parks with a forest on one edge & a busy street on the other. I suppose I should just relax though, kick off my shoes & have a margarita on the lawn.
 
We walked by a group of 4 or 5 people. Judah shook their hands and said hello as we walked by! He yelled for Willow to come back many times when she was too far away. He said many things clearly today - new words & words he usually doesn't say that well. He pointed at Angry Birds Space on the I-Pad and said, "Angry Birds Space!" Angry Birds is apparent because they are in the picture. But that specific one is called "Space" and he somehow knew that, as if he were reading it. Later he said another word (that I can't remember). It was the same thing though, it was as if he was reading it. Of course he said, "Star Wars" a lot today too - anytime he sees ANYTHING Star Wars related he says "Star Wars!!". He said, "Ferb" a few times when we were watching Phineas & Ferb. He sang along with their songs. The coolest thing was when he found the American flag on the globe. There is a gigantic globe sitting in the park. It's fenced off and guarded by signs that contain pictures of all the flags of the world. We walked around the globe.. Judah didn't want to walk away from the globe until he was done looking at the flags. Finally he stopped and pointed at the USA flag. He had found it among a world of other flags. Then he said something that sounded strangely like "McQueen".
 
Judah was calling Willow by her name again today, a LOT!
 
Sebastian's neighbor friends came over. We walked by their house later as I pulled the wagon (Judah inside it), Willow ran in front of me & Sebastian was on his plasma car picking up the rear, tied by rope to the wagon. His friends got home just as we passed their house. "We'll be out in a minute!!" yelled the oldest, the girl. It was kind of surreal. My little boy has friends that haven't been provided by me.. friends that are real friends not just kids that happen to be at that same playground. They accept him & like him & want to hang out with him. And he has made these connections completely on his own. He maintains his individuality & awesome character & is confident that they will have fun with him - and they always do. The boy (Sebastian calls him "kid" even though he is older than Sebastian) followed us home riding his Razor scooter. Sebastian hopped on it and rode it like a pro down the driveway. That was his first time on a Razor! Willow got on the plasma car and rode that up & down the driveway. "Kid" rode Sebastian's scooter. Judah chased "Kid" the entire time, always less than a foot away from him. Judah was laughing the entire time. And they were all having fun & being themselves and riding & running with such confidence. I couldn't bring myself to make them go inside.. even though it was over an hour past dinnertime. Times like those only happen when you're a kid! They enjoyed that part of the day a lot, even though it didn't really last that long. Willow was still talking about it when I put her down. She was smiling & laughing. It was pretty simple, not crazy loud or wild, just cruising around on ride-on toys.. laughing, making funny sounds & enjoying that time. I felt so lucky to be there watching them.
 
Judah had so much verbal progress today. I can't think of most of it right now, too tired. But some of it is in here!

Judah had huge, black messy poop today.

  • Bethanechol 25 mg 1/2 tablet 2/day

  • Vitamin D3 2000 IU one daily(morning)
  • Probiotic 1 daily in morning
  • DMG 125 mg w/Folinic Acid &Methyl b-12 3 capsules in morning
  • WP Minerals 1/day
  • Organic coconut butter 1-3 tsp/day  - 1 tsp
  • Sleep factor
  • Levocarnitin 10% 1 Tablespoon 15MLS every morning
  • Creon (pancrilipase)
  • his b-12/folinic shot 
  • DOCU 150/15ML Liq Hi-Tech 2 MLS (twice a day) 
  • Iron up 1 tsp/day
  • Miralax 1time
  • Oxy-Mag Powder 1/2 teaspoon 1/day
  • Molasses 1 tsp in almond milk










  • Meds not complete - none


    Meds didn't take -

    • Powder B-6 1/2 tsp (fridge mix) every 3-5 days
    • Beta TCP 1-4 daily
    • Fish Oil 
    • skin rash med not needded


    Meds we don't have - none

    OTC med - Tylenol 1 1/2 tsp. - none taken today

    No comments:

    Post a Comment