Friday, July 18, 2014

Childhood

Willow sings silly songs. They are so funny! She'll sing them to herself, to the dog, to her brothers, to me.. I love the funny creativity that flows out of her. She picks up on things that I wouldn't have guessed she would notice.. she pays attention. She spouts funny words & actions that I've taken for granted in this world - I haven't been seeing or hearing them anymore. She eats it all up like ants to sugar. Thanx Willowbean.

Things are so big to little kids. I forget that. What you say & do can easily affect a kid 1000 times more than it would an adult. We have to remember that children are still brand new to this world! I feel like I've been here for lifetimes when I think about my past & my childhood. It feels like those things didn't happen in this lifetime, in the life I live now. Sebastian asks me what Daddy & I did together when we were little kids.. and I almost feel like I should have an answer for him. You just move on to new phases & places in life, everything else is still there though.. you just can't see it anymore. I think a huge reminder of that is when families get together. It creates a nostalgia you won't feel anywhere else, one you can't share quite the same with others. As an adult your childhood suddenly becomes so special & very, very much valued. That's how I believe we should be treating our children - because they too are so special & very, very much valued.

We made  a water slide today - Sebastian's idea. He put a hose on the top of the slide. Then he came up with the idea of putting the Slip 'n Slide at the bottom of the slide for a non-muddy & very slippery landing. Judah landed on his feet nearly every time though, it was so strange! Willow slid away like a kitten on ice! Sebastian mainly crashed into the fence because of his height.

Sebastian is still fighting some illness. No vomiting, just headache and sluggish. He says he feels, "icky" and that he can't walk (he always says that when he is sick or has just gotten some slight, fading injury). He didn't think he could hold his arm up to brush his teeth this morning. He contemplated brushing his teeth all morning. When dinner time came around he mentioned that he had STILL not brushed his teeth - he had been thinking on it all day apparently.

Judah's progress is still rocking. The next time you spend time with him be sure to talk to him expecting to hear a new child, because you will get one. He likes to tell me, "Sorry Mommy" if he does something he shouldn't. He said, "Sorry Bash" after he hit him tonight. Sometimes he won't even look at me when I tell him it's time to eat.. he'll just walk to the table, looking as if he didn't hear a word I said, but instead had just decided on his own to walk to the table & eat. He may be becoming the typical kid.. ??! He's just so aware & responsive. It's progress to a new level for sure. He will repeat pretty much anything - unless you are directly telling him to repeat something of course (with me anyway). I can give him choices & he will choose. A lot can be done with that. It's going to REALLY be about us making an effort to help him & teach him - he's completely capable. He always has been, but it's becoming very apparent now. We have to continue to make more effort & do the work.. he deserves that, he's likely waiting for us to challenge him!

I told Judah that he needed to ask Sebastian, not me, for the I-Pad. Judah wanted to play Angry Birds. Once I retrieved the I-Pad and gave it to Sebastian, Judah  did go up to him and say, "Play Angry Birds... Bash", it was kind of mumbled, but it was there! And it was actually more words than that, I just couldn't make them out. Sebastian told him yes & Judah said, "Thank you!!" Sebastian replied, "You're welcome." Judah usually says, "Play Angry Birds" when he asks me for it. He added the "play" on his own and has done the same with other phrases as well lately - adding more words on his own! He's practicing the short, common phrases like, "thank you", "good job", "you did it", etc. a lot. Sometimes when he sees a sibling achieve something he will say, "You did it! Good job!" and hold his hand up for a high five! haha.

Willow is tormenting her brothers all of the time! She is so tough too - isn't afraid to try anything & doesn't seem to get hurt unless it's a really, really bad injury. She basically fell on her forehead when she ran across the Slip 'n Slide today. She looked a big startled, then got right up and started chasing the dog some more! She thinks it's funny when Pixie nips at her heels. I think it hurts!!

Pics from our trip last weekend...
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0RaOWjRoyZv-g


Judah meds

  • Bethanechol 25 mg 1/2 tablet 2/day
  • Vitamin D3 2000 IU one daily(morning)
  • Probiotic 1 daily in morning
  • Miralax 1-2 times day - 2 times
  • DMG 125 mg w/Folinic Acid &Methyl b-12 3 capsules in morning
  • Oxy-Mag Powder 1/2 teaspoon 1/day
  • WP Minerals 1/day
  • Organic coconut butter 1-3 tsp/day  - 1 tsp
  • Sleep factor
  • Levocarnitin 10% 1 Tablespoon 15MLS every morning
  • Molasses 1 tsp in almond milk
  • Creon (pancrilipase)
  • his b-12/folinic shot 
  • Fish Oil 





  • Meds not complete


    Meds didn't take
    • DOCU 150/15ML Liq Hi-Tech 2 MLS  2 time
    • skin rash med - not needed
    • Powder B-6 1/2 tsp (fridge mix) every 3-5 days
    • Iron up 1 tsp/day
    • Beta TCP 1-4 daily

    Meds we don't have
     

    No comments:

    Post a Comment