Friday, July 25, 2014

Remembering To Smell The Roses At Age Four

Got my first I-phone today. It's an I-phone 4. The most recent is a 5 and the 6 is soon to be released. So I'm not exactly hip to the times, but I do now own a phone that has a bazillion different cute cases to choose from & a bazillion more apps than Windows. I run across Apple apps practically every day that interest me, but of course I can't access them with a Windows phone, makes me crazy!! I asked Scott to put my phone on our network & said, "I don't know how to do that on an Apple..", hesitant to even touch the phone! haha. That's how anti-Apple he is. When he came home & showed me the phone, the first thing he did was drop it! True story! His co-worker had bought an Otterbox case for it. I just now learned what that was as I tried to take it off & found another case underneath it! They seem to be pretty rough & tough cases, expensive too! This one runs for $60 online! It's not cute by any means, but I may have to fore-go the cuteness.. since my record for breaking phones is pretty good lately. My "new to me" phone is a baby vomit pink color decorated with nature.. meaning it has tree branches on it. Like I said, I'm not exactly hip to the times.

Willow continues to say sentences that are brand new & surprising. She comes up with new thoughts & phrases with ease. She's a natural, interesting talker for sure! She's a character. I snapped a picture of her the other day, wearing a sunhat that she found in the garage. I thought it was too small for her & was going to get rid of it. Of course she wore it for days on end after that, likely just to make a statement that I should NOT get rid of her things. haha. Pic below.

 
We finally sold the double-stroller today! Man, that lady had me open it, show her every little detail, adjust the seats while her boys were sitting in the stroller (oh yes she put her kids in it) and more. She strolled her boys down the sidewalk to check it out. She asked them if they liked it.. a baby and a toddler who was angered because he had just been pulled away from watching Frozen in the car. They didn't care. She showed up early, clever lady. We pulled in right as she got there. I had to move a couple ride-ons in the garage to get to the stroller. I took it to her & started to open it as a spider the size of a quarter suddenly ran across the top of the stroller. She didn't see it but I wasn't going to open it with a spider running around where I needed to put my hand! So I had to tell her.. then I knocked the spider to the ground & smashed it. Good sales technique there. ;) I opened the stroller with her & it clicked locked - which meant it was good to go. I began to step away and quickly realized that my shorts were caught in the stroller.. we had locked them in tight! Neither the lady nor Scott knew how to fold the stroller back up and my shorts weren't coming out otherwise, unless I just took them off. Sebastian thought this was hysterical!!! I tried to verbally walk them through how to unlock the stroller, since I couldn't move. Scott was holding a squirmy Willow & Judah was trying to get into the lady's car! Unlocking the stroller & leaving me some dignity was no simple feat. So that was the first 10 minutes of selling her the stroller, haha. Judah held onto the stroller when she tried to take it to her car - he didn't want her to take it. He talked to her oldest son, getting extremely close to his face. I think she was a little wigged out with the uncomfortably friendly Judah behavior, haha. Anyway she bought it & a huge space opened up in our garage! I think we have sold all but ONE of our FOUR STROLLER collection! The one that hasn't sold is the nicest & at a really good price. I'll probably take it down to the consignment shop. I took a load of stuff into them today. They allow one tote-full a week. I think I'll just go every week until our shelves of kid stuff in the garage are cleared!

I took the kids to play at McDonald's. You'd think this was their first time ever seeing a play area in a fast food joint. They were soooo excited. Willow & Judah were running circles in the eating area. We are finally at a point where ALL of the kids can go into the play structure. Willow still isn't old enough, but she's tough as nails, so I didn't think twice about it. Although Sebastian was a bit nervous about her being up there, haha. He carried her a lot until I told him to let her do it on her own - and she did, no problem. The only injury was Judah accidentally stepping on Willow's fingers - that's it! It was kind of a miracle kid-outing for me. Low stress & quick access to cheap coffee!

Sebastian & Willow were wired for sound when Daddy got home! I have never seen Willow so crazy. She was at the same level of Sebastian with her noises, activity & energy!

Judah had a great time in the play area. He played with the other kids, mostly just following them through the play area, talking & laughing. He would also stand and observe other kids on the balance toys. He was laughing so hard every time he went down the slide. He would find me from time to time while he was in the play structure (high above me). "Hi Mommy!" he'd yell. He would stay up there & take a minute to gaze out the restaurant window at times too. It was interesting. He was kid motion fun, meshing with the others most of the time, then there were times in between where he would stop & make observations, not saying anything, just watching, learning & enjoying. He remembers to take a minute to smell the roses. His behavior brought that thought to my mind. Four year olds don't do that, do they??

Sebastian had a big first today. We were coming home & I had promised him I would drive to the end of our road. When we got there he said he just wanted to see if his new friends were home. I told him they probably were since there was a car in the driveway and the front door was open. I asked him if he wanted to go knock on the door & see if they could play. What I didn't remember was that only one of his friends lived there, the other (the boy) was a cousin who was always visiting. Sebastian was so nervous. He wanted to go knock on the door but he was suddenly a genuinely nervous Sebastian, one I had never seen before! I reminded him, "They are your friends! They will be happy to see you! They will probably want to play with you!" He begged me to walk him to the door. His "plan B" was for me to park 5 feet closer to the house by moving the van to the opposite side of the street. I didn't do that either. He walked to the driveway and stood. Finally he walked to the front door and stood to the side of it so no one inside could see him. He was frozen again. I saw him take a few deep breaths & then he rang the bell. He was looking very anxious!! The girl answered. She is the other friend. I think he may have known that she was the only one who would be there because when I asked him about the boy he knew that he was at home in S. Salem. That didn't seem to be any surprise to him or really matter to him at all. The girl had to watch her dog - and said she would come over maybe later or tomorrow. She's probably older than the last neighbor girl, Sophia! She's tough though, can definitely hang with the boys. I told Sebastian, "It's nice that you have a girl you can ride on scooters & bikes with now!" He smiled and said, "Yeah, I like that." hahaaa. He never cared about Sophia coming over to play, he never talked about her. He only talked about Cooper & Trent. I don't know what's going on around here. I'm guessing that this is probably a pretty common "Mom" feeling to have & that it will likely grow much larger as these kids get older.

Sebastian wanted to know my entire job history today after he saw some of my old nursing clogs. He thought that I had only had one job my entire life. I went through my list of previous employers, haha, describing only the interesting or funny parts of each job. Being a pizza delivery girl and surprising some guy wearing only his boxers when he opened the door, expecting to see a pizza delivery GUY. Meeting rock stars at the pavilion & helping them out. Carrying hospice patients - where my back problems originated. Quitting that job because he was in my belly & I didn't want him to get hurt. So many jobs.. he said, "You should be dead by now!!!" I won't lie, I did feel old after I sputtered off my huge list of past jobs!

Judah progress was steady - especially in the car when he would point at streets he wanted me to go down, because there was something that he wanted to do in that direction (Gramma/papa, park, McDonald's). He said, "key" when I parked at McDonald's. We had parked, but he still wasn't completely believing that they were going to get to go inside. I took the car key out and he claps and yells, "Yay!!!!!! Good job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Yesterday he had that same, "Holy crap, we are actually going!!!!!?!" excitement when I took them to the carousel park, haha. Best week EVER mom!! ;)

Judah had quite a few quiet moments today. I thought he needed to poop, but I'm not sure that he did. He socialized anytime he was around other kids, sometimes trying to shake hands or sitting down beside them watching them play a video game, chasing them, saying "hi" to them, etc.

We were out & about most of the day so both J & W were in diapers all day.

I did Judah's eye drops (ON MY OWN!) this morning. Also, got his nebulizer all ready to go. Will start that tomorrow - tonight was just too wild. I'm glad we waited though because I found a mask that I didn't know Scott had bought, so we can use that instead of a plastic pipe (he wouldn't have liked that - and then he wouldn't have wanted to do the nebulizer again after that!).

  • Bethanechol 25 mg 1/2 tablet 2/day
  • Vitamin D3 2000 IU one daily(morning)

  • Probiotic 1 daily in morning
  • DMG 125 mg w/Folinic Acid &Methyl b-12 3 capsules in morning
  • WP Minerals 1/day
  • Organic coconut butter 1-3 tsp/day  - 1 tsp
  • Sleep factor
  • Levocarnitin 10% 1 Tablespoon 15MLS every morning
  • Creon (pancrilipase)
  • his b-12/folinic shot 
  • DOCU 150/15ML Liq Hi-Tech 2 MLS (twice a day) 
  • Iron up 1 tsp/day

  • Oxy-Mag Powder 1/2 teaspoon 1/day
  • Molasses 1 tsp in almond milk










  • Meds not complete - none


    Meds didn't take -

    • Powder B-6 1/2 tsp (fridge mix) every 3-5 days
    • Beta TCP 1-4 daily
    • Fish Oil 
    • skin rash med not needed
    • Miralax


    Meds we don't have - none

    OTC med - Tylenol 1 1/2 tsp. - none taken today

    No comments:

    Post a Comment