Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Sprickle Sprockets & Clogged Dreams

Angry Birds & Nemo are Judah's 2 new favorites. Trains have faded a bit & cars have faded a lot. Transportation is no longer the fad. Next category - Animals!

From 4pm on Judah was energized, like a kitten on speed. He drug his brother around, smashed into the couch, knocked over Willow.. he was a blur, a smiling blur. His speech seemed to sprout suddenly as well! Although he did a lot of repeating what others said today, from the 4pm point on he was saying many, many things on his own. Tonight he pulled Sebastian off his chair while we were eating dinner. He drug him into the kitchen, whizzing by Daddy and said, "Hi Daddy!" and then pulled Sebastian back to the table, haha. He was in underwear from late afternoon until bedtime. It was easy to tell that he really had to potty while we were outside. I told him we were going to go inside & that he was going to potty. The minute we got in the door he yelled, "Potty!!" and raced to get to the bathroom. He made it. Dry underwear today. He is very conscious of being in underwear - when his diaper is on he is much more inclined to just "go" in his diaper.

Bastian spent time with Gramma, working on his nature poster. He came home in a peaceful mood.  Willow fell down today more times than I could count. She was trying to run in flip-flops outside (never a good idea) and then just the usual being pushed over by her brothers, tripping, etc. She cried maybe twice? All of the other times she just got up and said, "I'm okay!" Judah was doing the same today after he fell, "I'm okay!!" It's funny, I can't remember the last time I literally fell down, but kids fall down all day long!! It's probably for the best though, since kids are typically inclined to be just fine after a fall. Adults don't have nearly the odds.

T was bouncing Judah on his head on our mini-trampoline this afternoon. Man, he LOVED that. They did a lot of spinning and physical playing inside for the last hour she was here. Then suddenly the burst of Judah energy & verbalization began! Now he will come up to us and say, "Jump!" with his hands out, waiting for us to grab them. I'll hold his hands while he jumps. Then he will stop &  lay on the ground. I'll grab his lower legs & bounce him on his head & swing him around. He is elated. It's interesting that kids on the spectrum sometimes love to be on their head. ? Of course we have to do the same for Willow & Sebastian. When I had Willow on her head Judah turned his head upside-down right next to her face, haha. They were laughing. Then he somersaulted away!

Scott made burgers for dinner tonight. Judah was fascinated. He got to my seat before I could and gazed at my burger, saying, "Patty!" He thought they were "Crabby Patties" (SpongeBob). After we all had said, "Crabby Patty" so many times Judah started saying it! It was pretty clear too! He asked for a bite of Scott's but the only part he could eat was the burger (bun had egg, cheese has casein). Scott gave him pieces of his burger- Judah didn't touch them. He didn't eat his fries either, he just stared at us all eating our Crabby Patties. Obviously we need to come up with a Crabby Patty recipe that he can eat. I felt so bad! Immediately I began thinking that we needed to have the same food for everyone at meals - if only it were that easy!!

Rosemary came for Judah's massage today. That went well. T & Willow did some lovely Sharpie art while we did his massage. They decorated some papers, the table, her dress.. ;) Rosemary recommended an acupuncture doctor for my back & brought a brochure for me. The acupuncture doctor is someone who works with Dr. Silva. Dr. Silva is the lady running the Qigong research project that we are participating in.

I started making the light sabers last night. They are cool looking, but man are they time consuming! I will likely have to recruit Scott to help. He's not a crafter, he's a cooker. It's basically sawing a swimming noodle in half with a bread knife and taping electrical & duct tape at the bottom of each one to create the handle. Cutting little designs (for the handle) out of duct tape is reheelly hard!! I probably spent close to an hour making just ONE last night!!

Tonight I will fill out my claim so we can get a new phone headed our way!!! I have Scott's phone now. People are texting me thinking they are talking to Scott, while others are calling my phone likely assuming I am purposely not texting or calling them back. There's not much real communication going on!

Willow was reluctant to ask for help as she struggled to get her shorts on today. She did it after a few tries, quickly even! I had her on the potty tonight. I just want to get that over with!! She loves to sit on the potty. Tonight she sat down on the potty & immediately grabbed the toilet paper. I snatched it out of her hands to tear it before she had the whole roll on the floor. I showed her the routine. She wiped, flushed & then sat back down again! She did the routine at least 3 times before I finally just stopped her and said, "Okay, all done!" ha.

T offered to vacuum before Rosemary came so I could get Judah to the potty. Willow kept yelling at her, "Don't vacuum my feet!!! Don't you vacuum my foot!!" When Rosemary arrived, Willow ran to the door & exclaimed, "She vacuumed my feet!!" haha. Willow & Judah both don't like the vacuum noise. Judah runs away and Willow clings to me like a Mama Monkey (as my friend used to say).

Sebastian was wild tonight, just loud mainly. The other 2 were easily influenced. Sebastian marches around sometimes saying, "Hut 2! Hut 2! Hut 2!" Willow & Judah always jump in behind him, doing the same, just as enthusiastically. Sebash was telling me about a friend of his who had to walk to school every day.. he said something like, "He walks ALL the way to school, hut 2! Hut 2!...", running in place with his knees high as he did the hut 2's.  hahaaa He stopped running after the hut 2's and continued right along with his story, not pausing at all, as if that's how most people tell stories, haha. His details are entertaining. A lot of times they are just how he sees things.. an open trunk may be a lid that needs to be closed, someone falling over is someone "tipping" over, a tiny spring is a "sprickle sprocket", things like indoor outlets or electrical boxes outside are "shockers" (maybe because he was shocked by an outlet when he was 1?) .. there are so many more. I'll have to write them down. Some words he just still doesn't say correctly.. for example, a drain is a "dream". They are too cute to correct!

I started reading my mom's published book tonight, A School for the Dead. It paints a picture for sure.. a bloody one!! I felt a bit uncomfortable reading it with my kids in the same room! haha, just kidding Mom.

Judah didn't poop today.

Judah meds.
  • Bethanechol 25 mg 1/2 tablet 2/day 1 time
  • Vitamin D3 2000 IU one daily(morning)
  • Probiotic 1 daily in morning
  • WP Minerals 1/day
  • Miralax 1-2 times day - 1 times
  • DMG 125 mg w/Folinic Acid &Methyl b-12 3 capsules in morning
  • Creon (pancrilipase
  • Beta TCP 1-4 daily  1 time 
  • DOCU 150/15ML Liq Hi-Tech 2 MLS  1 time
  • Levocarnitin 10% 1 Tablespoon 15MLS every morning

Meds not complete

Meds didn't take
  • Powder B-6 1/2 tsp (fridge mix) every 3-5 days
  • DOCU 150/15ML Liq Hi-Tech 2 MLS 
  • Organic coconut butter 1-3 tsp/day  - 1 tsp
  • Bethanechol 25 mg 1/2 tablet 2/day
  • Oxy-Mag Powder 1/2 teaspoon 1/day
  • DOCU 150/15ML Liq Hi-Tech 2 MLS  1 time
  • Molasses 1 tsp in almon milk
  • Fish Oil 
  • Skin rash med
Meds we don't have
  • Sleep factor
  • his b-12/folinic shot
  • Iron up 1 tsp/day


  •  

    No comments:

    Post a Comment