Saturday, July 26, 2014

Bite & Brew! (written by Gramma)

Today Willow and Sebastian went with me and David to the annual festivities at Bite and Brew. There were some really fun and exciting rides...lots of bouncy houses, water slides, bubble boats, and bungee jumping. Sebastian was very brave about the high jump (I think because he saw a kid about Willow's age doing it) but basically, they latch you into a harness and bounce you high in the air. Then he got into a bubble boat which is a huge plastic bubble that floats around in water. He was a little nervous but eventually got the hang of it. It was good to see him challenged today. I think he gets a little tired (well, maybe) of Baumans. Willow loved the bouncy houses...especially Mickey Mouse's house. She loves that character. We had a picnic in Bush Park afterwards and Willow got to swing to her heart's content and Sebastian showed Gram and Papa (yes, he's back to calling us that) all his "secret" hang outs. Willow decided to follow when she saw how much fun it was. Then we picked up Judah and headed home for an afternoon in the wading pool. Judah and Willow liked pouring water on Papa and for a time, so did Sebastian. Then he came over to sit by me to say, "Gramma, I think I'm a little to big for that pool anymore." Earlier, at Bush Park, he said, "There's not much for me to do at this park anymore. I'm getting too old." Growing up...bittersweet for sure. We are looking for things to do that challenge him and help him burn off some of that endless energy.

All three kids were very good this afternoon. Judah told me when he wanted juice and also asked for "chips, please."
He chased Willow around and Sebastian...laughing and egging everyone on. When I said, "I love you," I think I heard him say, "love you," back. Maybe wishful thinking but I'm pretty sure. : )

Willow chattered all day. So grown up. She took a slight tumble at the park but after a little comforting and kissed scratches was fine. She absolutely latches onto David and insists on holding his hand when walking. She refuses when I try to hold her hand. HA. She rode on Sebastian's trike tonight and is almost able to pedal! She knows how but is still a little short. I (Gram) took the kids home as Dave is still not feeling great (had the same bug as the kids) and when I looked in the rear mirror and said, "Hi Willow," she got this cagey little grin and said, "Hi Papa," since, I guess, David usually drives!

A fun day! Thank you Molly and Scott for blessing us with such beautiful, sweet grandchildren.

love,

Mom

Written by Molly:
Speech therapy went really well this morning. His new therapist, we'll call her "K", is very confident in her therapy & believes in Judah. She has many different methods that she remembers well & uses them while teaching him. This brings about quick change in direction & doesn't force him to do things. These methods are respectful to him because he is being listened to when he is showing that he needs to change direction. She thought that it wasn't an awesome session - I responded with something like, "Are you kidding? That was a step-up for him in many ways!!" He was requesting, even adding "please" to the end of each request. He chose when she gave him options (he's very good at this). He participated in every activity she brought out. He cleaned up every time they sang the "clean-up" song. He had some meltdowns but they were not bad & she was able to help him through without pushing him. As therapy went along I got some ideas on methods we could try at home. She gave us handouts as well - one included a list of things Judah may do.. hit his head, jump, say a certain word, etc. and beside each word was a blank spot where we could fill in what that action or sound meant.  She thought this would help us, which it obviously will. A simple idea that no one has ever suggested to us before. Thing is, it would be a gigantic help to those working with him. They would be much more prepared! They would be able to forge ahead, skipping over the large amount of time they would have used trying to figure out what he was trying to tell them and would ensure that they didn't mistake what he was trying to say. This would give him confidence that his language is useful, encouraging more speech from him.

I chopped my hair today. I went to a place called "The Cat's Meow". Mom had given me a Groupon. I'll go back next week for the color since we didn't schedule enough time with her. When I go then I'm going to have it cut even shorter. I have a big flip in the back. I need wash & go hair, I can't have a big flip to straighten out every day! My hair has always done that, so we'll see what she can do. I have faith in her. She was a very friendly & very real chick. Although her super-fast combing nearly pulled my eyebrow ring out!!! She even taught me how to answer my I-phone! I got my very first call during my haircut. She thought it was hilarious that I didn't know how to answer it!

Unfortunately I passed out early tonight. Scott & I had rented a movie but I was just exhausted & not feeling to good. He had also bought ingredients to make us a special dinner. Man.



  • Vitamin D3 2000 IU one daily(morning)
  • bethanechol 25 mg 1/2 tablet 2/day
  • Probiotic 1 daily in morning
  • DMG 125 mg w/Folinic Acid &Methyl b-12 3 capsules in morning
  • WP Minerals 1/day
  • Organic coconut butter 1-3 tsp/day  - 1 tsp
  • Sleep factor
  • Levocarnitin 10% 1 Tablespoon 15MLS every morning
  • Creon (pancrilipase)
  • his b-12/folinic shot 
  • Iron up 1 tsp/day
  • Miralax










  • Meds not complete - none
    • DOCU 150/15ML Liq Hi-Tech 2 MLS (took only one time)
    Meds didn't take -
    • Powder B-6 1/2 tsp (fridge mix) every 3-5 days
    • Beta TCP 1-4 daily
    • Fish Oil 
    • skin rash med not needed
    • Oxy-Mag Powder 1/2 teaspoon 1/day
    • Molasses 1 tsp in almond milk
    Meds we don't have - none

    OTC med - Tylenol 1 1/2 tsp. - none taken today






     

    No comments:

    Post a Comment