Thursday, July 17, 2014

Judah's Best Day Yet (Wedding Photo Album included)

I'm almost getting used to not having a phone. I really don't mind it, aside from not being able to make appointment calls & such. I'm throwing those all to Scott, hoping he has time.

Judah has been doing INCREDIBLE. "Mommy! How are you?!" he said to me when he saw me come outside. His new speech therapist is the best so far. Today was my first time meeting her & watching her work. Scott has taken Judah a few times to work with her - he is always impressed. We'll probably drop the Tuesday lady. And this one is a real therapist - she has the education and it's apparent.

Our worker never showed today. She texted Scott saying she would be an hour late - didn't sleep well due to heat. Then texted again about her step kid having hernia. Emailed me about ambulance showing up & lots of drama. And the final result.. She had too much anxiety and was too upset to come to work. So no help today. A friend of mine has offered to help - but can't start for another month. Another friend has recommended someone that she thinks may be able to help. I'm waiting to hear back on that.

Judah has been singing a song today - the words are somewhat understandable. I just can't place the song! His pronunciation has improved - I have heard that today, many times. He is back to saying "juice" correctly & just walked over to me and yelled, "Star Wars!" the most clear he has ever said it. He is following direction incredibly well. The therapist asked him to pick something up from under his chair a few times - and he did! Every time. She told him that something was by my foot.. he went right to it! A week ago he wouldn't have looked under his chair had I instructed him to, he would have been confused as to what I was asking him to do. I told the therapist that and she thought she had gestured him there. So she tried again later with no gesturing & he looked under the chair right away.. he knows what that means. He showed that he knew some colors today - I caught that he could pick out the color red for sure. She told him things like "Yellow or orange?", giving him choices. His response, "Orange please!" He ran into my chair a few minutes ago & said, "scuse me!!" Seriously, new kid.

The therapist asked if they were going to build the train track in a circle.. he put the next piece on in the wrong direction & lifted it to correct it. He was going to make a circle, I'm sure of it. But I didn't want to interrupt because she had explained some of what she was doing during other tasks & it made sense - and I wouldn't have guessed most of it. So I wasn't sure what she was trying to get out of him. She turned the track into a snake & it slid away.

"Mommy, look out! Watch out!" Judah said that as I was walking towards laundry baskets I had to navigate around. I told him to go to Sebastian if he wanted to use Sebastian's I-pad to play Angry Birds. (He had been begging me for it.) He walked towards Sebastian - I expected Judah to try & hit him. This often happens when we don't give him something he wants, so I quickly warned Sebastian. He'll often hit Willow or Bash directly following a "no" from Mommy or Daddy. But he didn't hit. He grabbed Sebastian's hand and pulled him towards the I-pad, saying, "Angry Birds". Tonight Judah told me, "Mommy, Angry Birds, play" He is speed-walking towards a much different level of talking. It's crazy how many new phrases he said today - all appropriate. And how much he understood!!! I'm seriously floored. Today he was a new boy.. the newest I've ever seen him to be.

And the I-pad is new to us. Sebastian asks me for help every 5-10 mins when he uses it. Judah didn't need my help at all & today was his first time using it. ?!?!

Sebastian isn't feeling well. Willow is full of pizazz & surprises. She requested a bath this evening & took off her clothes. I told her to potty first. I helped her get her diaper off and then she got on the potty. She wants to do everything on her own.. don't open her raisin box.. you're just going to have to close it back up so she can do it herself! Anyway, I'm sitting outside the bathroom screwing hinges onto a shelf and I hear her grunting like she is in pain. I dash into the bathroom to find her pooping on the toilet! This has never happened before! No one has ever asked her to do this! She just did it! There was no announcement or anything! She pooped just as she would have in her diaper, although success seemed to come sooner than it usually does in the diaper. When she was done she yelled, "I did it!!!" and got off the potty to see her poop. :) Wow. Maybe she will potty train herself? I could see that happening.

I had to run inside really quick while the kids were playing in the backyard. I peeked out the window to check on them and they were all playing together, linking themselves together to go down the slide. They are such good friends. Later Willow ran by Judah, wanting him to chase her. He smiled and ran after her saying, "Get back here!!" After one lap he went back to playing with Sebastian - they both look up to him the most. But this was amazing Judah interaction with "Baby" (what he calls Willow). Oh and he said "Willow" today when he was calling her - probably to get her to come back to me, I can't remember.

I messaged another Western OR professor asking for help finding help. haha. Hoping to hear from her soon. T says she is a great lady. She's in the same field as the other one - early intervention & autism.

Wedding album is posted if you want to check it out!
http://share.shutterfly.com/share/received/welcome.sfly?fid=ef139d04472045ea6cbbd47cbb382743&sid=0RaOWjRoyZvcg

Judah meds

  • Bethanechol 25 mg 1/2 tablet 2/day
  • Vitamin D3 2000 IU one daily(morning)
  • Probiotic 1 daily in morning
  • Miralax 1-2 times day - 1 time
  • DMG 125 mg w/Folinic Acid &Methyl b-12 3 capsules in morning
  • Oxy-Mag Powder 1/2 teaspoon 1/day
  • WP Minerals 1/day
  • Organic coconut butter 1-3 tsp/day  - 1 tsp
  • Sleep factor
  • Levocarnitin 10% 1 Tablespoon 15MLS every morning
  • Molasses 1 tsp in almond milk
  • Creon (pancrilipase)
  • his b-12/folinic shot 





  • Meds not complete


    Meds didn't take
    • DOCU 150/15ML Liq Hi-Tech 2 MLS  2 time
    • skin rash med - not needed
    • Powder B-6 1/2 tsp (fridge mix) every 3-5 days
    • Iron up 1 tsp/day
    • Beta TCP 1-4 daily
    • Fish Oil 

    Meds we don't have
     

    No comments:

    Post a Comment