Friday, August 16, 2013

Judah's Growth & A Busy Day!

First let me do an update on Judah.. Words, words flying everywhere! You know how some people say kids start talking over night? I never understood that. How could that honestly be possible? I still don't believe it. However, Judah's progress in the past 2 days has been nearly as unbelievable (to me anyway, I was scared he would never talk). Today he was repeating a lot of what he heard. He'll say a word or two here & there. I'm understanding them now & seeing that they are very appropriate. He knows a lot. He's been listening. That's become very apparent to me. It's as if he's just decided to try harder & in doing so is realizing that he can talk. I think babies pick up speech quicker, so I'm guessing that it may not be as easy for him to learn to talk as it seems for Willow & was for Sebastian. But honestly I don't care. The fact that I am hearing my son's decisions without having to guess them is astonishing. I'm hearing his little voice make new words on a daily basis - I could never even imagine what this would be like.  My world has just been flipped over. Soon we will be hearing his opinions in detail & knowing what he thinks about all day & what he wants to do, what he wants to eat.. Soon we will get to know Judah, and that will be unbelievably amazing to experience. We've all been waiting a long time.

Beyond talking he's also starting to understand some new things. When I tell him it's time to go inside he follows me inside. When I tell him it's time to get his diaper changed or when I tell him it's time to leave, he understands & cooperates!. Leaving places he enjoyed used to be a nightmare. Lately it has suddenly become easy! It's bizarre! There has definitely been some major Judah growth in the past few days. I wish I could share this coolness with the world. I feel so special that we are the lucky ones who get to witness & experience such an awesome, special event.

Today we did our schedule for the first time. It went pretty well but man was it exhausting! I forgot to factor in Mommy down time & other things I need to do for myself during the day. But for the most part we stayed on track & did some great tasks. Sebastian & I worked on his Spanish this morning & this afternoon. This afternoon we combined it with writing so he could practice his writing while reinforcing the Spanish he had practiced that morning. A friend of mine that I saw today has her son at Harritt, so she was able to tell me what Spanish words they will cover in Kindergarten. This gives us a good starting point. Judging from what she told me, he has already gotten part of it down. This conversation was at Latte Play (our outing for the day). Sebastian brought his board game, Candy Land. He made a friend there & sat with her to play the game. This gave me some good one-on-one time with Judah. Willow joined in the play with Judah & I. After we made it back home Willow napped while Judah, Sebastian & I planted the flower Sebastian got me in the front yard. We also pulled weeds in the front yard & played. The kids played with modeling clay for their first time today. Sebastian made letters, Willow tore it into little pieces & Judah laughed at how it felt & made a tunnel. The kids & I played for quite a while as a group inside. It's so cool how they will all play together when Mommy is involved. When it was time to pick up toys Sebastian did an amazing job. He even vacuumed afterwards! He vacuums better than Scott & I do, so anytime he offers I say yes please! Judah & I got plenty of one-on-one time today. Sebastian got in some reading time with Daddy at the end of the day. I felt like they had a fun, productive, educational day. And we still had lots of time to spare!

Now to find that Mommy down time..

 

No comments:

Post a Comment