Monday, April 21, 2014

A Hurricane of Kids!

Sebastian woke up Scott & I repeatedly this morning. After being told over & over to go back to bed Scott finally jumped out of bed & chased him away, hahaha! Of course, Judah & Willow were all snug in our bed.. Judah was next to go. Willow has the luxury of staying, because putting another one back to bed is just too much work. All of the above is not good parenting, it's parenting to SURVIVE.

Tonight was our last parenting class. We discussed time-outs, cool-downs (pre- time-out) & other ways to again, survive parenting. Watching the getting dressed video was hard - a mom doing everything wrong. It was a video of us, essentially. The entire class was having a good laugh, while Scott & I both had the look of "Oh my god..." on our faces. WATCHING it brings out all of the mistakes, ridiculousness & reasons behaviors repeat very clearly.

Our instructor has been a very positive leader, making everyone feel special and heard. She twisted around answers & worked with them, never putting anyone down or telling them "no". You could almost tell she had a special needs kid that she had spent many, many years parenting. Scott asked specific time-out questions regarding Sebastian - she gave us some great advice there.

When I'm relaxed, my memory sort of falls back into place. I felt that today. Must keep that in mind!

Mom, Tim, Erin, all of the kids and myself spent over an hour at the Bounce House today. Judah & Bash were soaked in sweat by the time we left. I tried to make a video of the kids in the hurricane machine - I'm curious to see it! They all had a blast. Willow flew down slides like a "bullet" as Tim described it. Judah dragged me through many bounce houses. I got stuck trying to squeeze between 2 huge inflated rollers. Judah pulled me on one side (counting very clearly & smiling very big), while Sebastian pushed me from the other side. All I could hear was Erin laughing! Judah pulled me through that one TWICE!

Judah's progress hasn't been that awesome today. I think it's the hanging out with new people and a new kid all of sudden. He seems overwhelmed. Mom said he needed alone/quiet time periodically this evening. When we got done with class and went to Mom & Dave's to pick up the kids, it was easy to see that Judah was fully engaged with the other kids & having a blast, they all were! Judah said, "Hi-ya!" like Willow and did karate chops around the kitchen. They were dancing & running in circles! We may have gotten some good photos of the cousin-fest in their new pj's on the couch. Tonight was "cousin party". Olive, Tim & Erin head out tomorrow morning.

Judah had no bowel movement today - which means we should probably do an enema.. and he is already in bed.

Judah had 1 tablespoon (one dose) of his prescribed L-carnitine. He had 2 doses of Docusate Sodium, 2000 i.u. vitamin d, three tablets 125 mg folinic acid with b-12, got home late & forgot the fish oil, one probiotic & no nose drops (forgot). He had 2 doses of Benefiber. He started a new sleep supplement - Magnesium Citramate 135 mg. We are out of Bethanechol - none taken today.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment