Saturday, April 5, 2014

Bridge!

So I'm driving to Portland this morning for Judah's music therapy.. it's a 45-50 minute drive. As I'm turning onto Barbur (the street Angie's studio is on) I think to myself.. "Didn't she cancel an upcoming session on that email I got from her?" I pull over (cough, cough) and check my email. Sure enough. We drive on by. Judah is confused.

Thankfully I had brought shoes that I needed to return to the mall there & a couple items I needed to return to Ikea. I didn't know if we would have time to do this while we were there - but obviously at that point we did.

Ikea returns on Saturday has more people than our local DMV. I literally took a number from the machine when I walked up. There were benches full of people. The number on the wall was four. My number was 93. ??! And remember I had Judah with me. This wasn't happening. We didn't even look for a seat.. we just cruised over to the "as is" section, found some plastic bins & metal hooks for cheap, and cruised on out of the store. While we were looking around, Judah reached from his seat in the shopping cart & grabbed a hugely discounted train set off the shelf. He played with it the entire time we were shopping, even trying to open it (he was partially successful). I reminded him a few times that we had the exact same trains, track & tunnel at home. I  never said that we couldn't get it (I didn't want the child explosion). But I knew I would have to say those words eventually, because there was no way he was letting go of that train set. After reminding him about 3 or 4 times that we had that set at home, he eventually just tossed it in the back of the cart. He didn't want it anymore. It was incredible. Obviously he knew what I was inferring all along, he was just having a very hard time letting go of it. But eventually he did, and with no child explosion what so ever.

Being the awesome mom I am, I gave him a metal hook to play with.

Scott cleaned the house with Willow & Sebastian while I was gone. Later he repaired the dryer tube (his first time). The kids did movie night tonight - they watched most of Chicken Run. They were pretty wild, dancing & jumping off furniture.

Judah had 1 tablespoon (one dose) of the doctor prescribed L-carnitine. He had 2 doses of Docusate Sodium, 2000 i.u. vitamin d, three tablets 125 mg folinic acid with b-12, fish oil and no probiotic or nose drops (waiting to do lab). He had 2 doses of Miralax. No bowel movements. He took the  sleep supplement - Cortisol Manager, before bed. This supplement doesn't seem to do anything for him. He bathed in sea salt and a drop of tea tree oil (which smelled up most of the house!!). Dr. S recommended this combination to help his muscles relax I believe? He put his feet on the side of the tub and leaned his upper body over the other side of the tub and told me, "bridge!"

No comments:

Post a Comment