Friday, April 11, 2014

Dinosaur Play Date!

I spent the better part of tonight writing the Western Oregon letter. We have one person so far that is interested in the position, but we have not gotten the word out enough (in my opinion). We are interviewing the lady interested on Sunday afternoon.

Sebastian's dinosaur play date was a hit! Three girls and one boy showed. They were pretty much easy to keep focused & enjoyed all of the activities. It was a good mix of dinosaur fun & Sebastian adventure. He showed them his favorite places, things, toys.. etc. They spent time laying on a flattened cardboard box under a bush in the front yard (his secret hide out). That's the part where you say.. "Now THIS is a party!!" haha.

Thanks again Mom - you are incredible! Thanks Scott too.. for staying up past 1 in the morning cutting dinosaur feet out of poster board. We taped them from the bottom of Gramma & Papa's outside staircase, up the stairs, through the house and all the way to the end of the deck!

Judah had incredible progress today. Papa took Judah & Willow to Bauman's during the dino party. Surprisingly, we were able to talk about this freely in front of & with Sebastian without him getting upset. He was a bit taken back at first.. but he is definitely growing through that stage of getting upset over these things. I applaud him. After all, I never made it through that. ;)

I came home & crashed for an hour, after taking my migraine med. I fought that headache a lot today, I'm so glad it didn't cause me to miss the play date.

The parents stayed during the play date (except one). Mom & I decided that this was because they didn't want to drive all the way back to West Salem & then back to South Salem again.. and then back to West Salem, haha. The kids there were all from his school - they all live fairly close to us.

When Papa arrived at the very end of the party with Willow & Judah, Judah stuck his hands out of the car, waving at everyone, haha. He was so happy. Upstairs he saw Sophia and said, "Hi!" Then he didn't look quite sure what to do, so he gave her a hug! Mom & I stood completely unaware of anything else for that 5 seconds in time. He repeated the word "dinosaur". He pointed at the red dinosaur when I had just told Sophia I liked the red one. That little girl is amazing - she sees everyone as completely equal & completely her good friend. It's pretty incredible to watch her. I'm voting for her to take Karla's place, haha!

Judah was in the middle of the kids & parents - attempting to converse with everyone & very happy. His progress just floods the room when he is happy & excited.

I will post pics of the dino party in here later - Mom made cute dinosaur themed snacks, read a dinosaur Berenstein Bears book (educating the kids and I on dinosaurs along the way), the kids made dinosaur eggs with cardboard and yarn, they wore dinosaur masks and made up dinosaur chasing games in the backyard. Sebastian did a lot of directing. He was also very friendly & communicative. When Sophia felt left out he made sure to ask her to join & comforted her. He's such a good kid. He worked his butt off playing with those girls after Henry left, I'd never seen his face so red! They wore him out.

When the kids came home Judah was exhausted! He was just like he was on his sleep pill (the one that worked). He took my hand to the play pen, where he laid inside on the pillow.. he seemed as if he didn't even know what he was doing! Then he got right up and went to bed, where he stayed the rest of the night. Sebastian didn't like that I was only in the room for a few minutes & left while Judah was still awake. This would be a WONDERFUL routine to get into!!! Scott was out gaming, he's never going to believe me when I tell him what happened.

Willow went right to sleep too - she even had a nap today! It was just a big day.

Judah pooped 3 times. No bed wetting. Woke up with a dry diaper in the middle of the night last night & went potty (after I told him to). Woke up with wet diaper this morning - but not too bad. Didn't urinate much today ???

Judah had 1 tablespoon (one dose) of the doctor prescribed L-carnitine. He had 2 doses of Docusate Sodium, 2000 i.u. vitamin d, three tablets 125 mg folinic acid with b-12, no fish oil (we're out) and no probiotic or nose drops (waiting to do lab). He had 1 dose of Miralax. He had 3 bowel movements. We skipped the sleep supplement - he put himself to bed! He also took 1/2 a pill of Bethanechol in the morn, but I didn't get in the other 1/2. 

No comments:

Post a Comment