Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Seeing Spots and Hard of Hearing

Some email I wrote Mom today:

Judah is doing super-duper! Earlier he handed me my phone, looked me in the eye & said, "All done". When I didn't immediately take it he said again, "All done", looking very pleased with himself.  ??!?! When I handed him Chex after he said to me, "I want Chex", he picked up his bowl & went to the table to eat them. I wish Willow would do that!!

Willow & Bash played on the playground while we waited on Judah at school today - they always do. Willow can climb to the top of the slide! Earlier she climbed to the top shelf of the fridge in a matter of seconds, freaked me out to look over and see her bottom in the air! haha.

We grabbed Judah from class after the playground (usual routine). Willow was being mischievous and took off running for the playground as we were all turning to head to the car. Rachael was there & told Judah to wait - and he did! He knew she was going to the playground & he stood patiently & waited for me to catch her.

Judah had a bloody nose & coughed up what I have been told was a tiny spot of blood two times during class. The autism specialist was in the classroom. She texted me & left 2 voice mails. I didn't have my phone near me. She called Scott too! Which is awesome. And he answered. Later I emailed her & also called the class to check in. He was fine the rest of the day. I was on pins & needles listening to Anne's voicemail as I waited for her to say what was going on.. what next??? Poor kid is a whirlwind of changes!

I spent a good 20 minutes (or more) putting on Sebastian's bike chain today. Once on, it looked saggy. Sebastian rode it around - the chain was off again in under 5 minutes. He was outside putting away toys later & then he walked into the house, holding a broken bike chain in his hand! How do you break a bike chain??! I don't know how that happened, but what a bummer! He still has the old red bike to use.

The kids spent time with Gramma/Papa tonight - park & movie night. We weren't back to pick them up until after 11 & they were still completely awake! Willow was the only one asleep when we made it home. Scott & I went to see Dream Theater downtown. I'd never seen them before. Live, loud music & sitting in the middle of a huge light show for 3 hours straight.. I'm seeing spots & hard of hearing.

Judah came home with a new Sponge Bob movie. He wouldn't part with it when we put him to bed. Scott took the dvd out & let him keep the case. Judah jumped out of bed & came running to me, crying.. "Mommy!!!'.. I snatched him up and he says sadly, "He took Bob!" We gave him the DVD back. He was just in awe of his new movie.

When I dropped Judah at school one of the aids opened the classroom door just enough for him to get in and then yelled, "Ok Judah, tell Mommy bye!" I couldn't even see him at that point of course. For some reason she didn't want me in the classroom. I always go in. She has tried to shooo me out of the room before, always verbally. But this time she was actually standing between me and the classroom, holding the door open just enough to get her head through. Shelley, his teacher, was not there. She had just left. This lady's behavior was uncalled for & completely unacceptable. I was a bit taken back. She really surprised me with that one. In the past, I've never followed her direction when she has attempted to verbally push me out of the classroom. I don't interfere with anything going on in the classroom. There's really no reason for us to be told to leave. And honestly, I could stay there all day if I wanted.. I passed the background check.. I'm cleared to volunteer.. ALL DAY LONG lady.

Judah & I did some of the class "homework" today. Sebastian blew up the ball Scott & I brought home from class. Everyone enjoyed it. Later, I was able to play one-on-one with Judah on the floor, rolling the new ball to him saying, "your turn!" and when it came back to me, "my turn!" He thought it was fun at first, but became suspicious that I was trying to teach him something - he continued though, until Willow tried to join in. At that point he wanted nothing to do with it. After Willow & I played for a bit I tried again with Judah, this time doing a hand game. I showed him how to do it but he didn't want to. And he wasn't completely understanding. I tried it with Willow - she also had a hard time understanding. She just stood & stared at my hands (that had been pulling weeds in the yard earlier), finally she pointed at them & said, "Dirty!!" and walked away.

I asked Willow if I could go with them to Gramma/Papa's as they were getting in the car tonight. "No! Stay!!" as she pushed me towards the house, haha. I asked Judah and he thought about it for a second, and then smiled and said, "bye!!"

Judah tried hard to say some new things today. I couldn't comprehend them, but he kept trying! He was making really good eye contact too. It was a great day for him. He followed instructions that he understood. He gave me no problems going to the potty - he just went to the bathroom when I asked!! (completely opposite of yesterday)

Judah tried following at least one direction that he couldn't quite understand. I asked him to move the stool and instead he stood on it by the sink (he had just washed his hands). I pointed to the stool and where it went, then I put it there. Then he sat on it. It's amazing that he is trying & obviously really wanting to learn & figure things out!!

Judah pooped twice today.

B-12 shot given.

Judah had 1 tablespoon (one dose) of the doctor prescribed L-carnitine. He had 2 doses of Docusate Sodium, 2000 i.u. vitamin d, three tablets 125 mg folinic acid with b-12, 1 tsp fish oil and no probiotic or nose drops (waiting to do lab). He had no Miralax . He took the sleep supplement, 5 - HTP (100 milligrams). He also took 1/2 a pill of Bethanechol in the morn, & the other half in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment