Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Massage For Pony, Bear & Willow

Today Willow & Judah spent the entire day with me, while Sebastian spent time with his Grandma.

My stomach was aching. I laid down for a nap as soon as Scott got home. But there was no sleeping.. because World War 3 was starting in the living room! I could hear screaming & hysterical laughter & crashing & I swear I felt the floor shake a few times. Apparently the war was instigated by Sebastian & rolled out of control from there. Scott asked me tonight, "What are we going to do?" I said that when the antecedent occurs then we redirect asap! But that was just it, what is the antecedent? What is provoking this? It only happens in our home & only happens when Scott is here. Those are the facts. That's all I got. Although, I do get a smaller version of this war sometimes when Scott is not here. Actually, the war occurred one night when I was here alone with him. Scratch the aforementioned "facts". The facts are that it occurs at home, that's all we've got.

Judah sat calmly through the war, navigating with the mouse through videos on the computer. This situation was not something that he needed. It was not good for him at all. Willow got hit many times with a pillow. She was upset. Scott was very upset - I could definitely hear that one. Sebastian was loud, laughing, upset a few times & very much felt the need to come find me (in my slumber, yeah right). When he came to me he was upset & loud, and seemed to be making up stories as well.. stories geared towards making Daddy the bad guy.

Sebastian always blames Willow, Judah or us for whatever goes wrong. He's also tattling on his sibs (which I put much effort into stopping because the teacher shared with us during parent/teacher conference that this was a big issue with him at school). He's ordering Willow to stop doing things and telling her what the consequences will be, basically parenting her in a strict manner. I snuff that one out asap too, especially because Willow looks up to him & is listening to him as if he has the complete authority to do this, sigh.

What are we going to do... hell if I know. Are all 6 year olds like this???!?

Judah got a very awesome massage from Rosemary today. She always asks us how the massage is going as soon as she walks in the door. She was so happy to hear how much he has changed! "Good massage!!! I'm so happy for you!" She always says this when I give her positive news, but today she had tears in her eyes. Judah made great eye contact & physical connection with her today. He smiled at her a lot. It was like it was the first time he had seen her as a friend rather than the nice lady who comes to do the massage.

Willow was in need of attention during the massage. She was bringing us her puppy book, touching Judah, even massaging Judah! When she was ready for him to be done, and he was nearly done, she said repeatedly & very seriously, "All done. Judah all done. All done massage! All done!" hahaa.

As soon as Rosemary left, Willow laid her little, plastic, pink pony on the yoga mat and began doing the massage on her. "Up, up, up, up, up!!" She was even using the words! She massaged Judah's big blue bear after that - requesting assistance from Daddy & I. Then she wanted me to give her the massage. Part of the way through she asked Daddy to help. We did the entire massage on her. She only laughed during the fingers & toes part saying, "That tickles!!!"

On the way to school this morning Sebastian shared with me that Cooper had shown him how easy it was to go in the street by LAYING IN THE STREET. I told Sebastian, "That is one of the worst ideas I have ever heard in my life. That would be the best & easiest way to get hit by a car. Do you know why?" Sebastian told me that people driving wouldn't be able to see you. "Exactly!" He asked me if Cooper's parents would be okay with him doing that (since I clearly was very much against it). I told him, "No, absolutely not. They would be very upset with him if they saw him doing that!" THAT was the important part to Sebastian.. not that you could get hit by a car & DIE.. but would his parents be upset with him???! Would his parents allow that??? This is how a 6 year old think.

Sebastian arrived home from his day with Gramma at 7pm. Miraculously, Trent showed up at exactly that same time! I'm pretty sure he must have been watching our house all afternoon & evening, waiting for Sebastian to get home. Why would he come over at 7pm? And coincidentally at the exact same time Sebastian had arrived home? Sebastian rang the doorbell, with Trent standing behind him on his purple & pink bike. I opened the door to an open fire of Sebastian questions. Trent was behind him wearing the usual blank, somewhat confused look on his face. "No, you cannot play. You need to come inside. No, he cannot watch you water. You need to come inside." Sebastian asks me, "What about tomorrow? Can you play tomorrow Trent?" I interject.. "No, Sebastian, you can't tomorrow." I didn't have much time to think of a gentle & direct way to say that. Although the 50 different ways we had already told them this in the past had not seemed to make any kind of an impact, so I could have been taking the most effective route, who knows. "Trent told Cooper to stop! Trent wasn't pranking me!".. (Trent carried you into the street???) Again I say, "Sebastian come inside." Sebastian pulled the door, attempting to close it & run away. "SEBASTIAN!" And he came in. Trent's face suddenly had an emotion. It turned a bit sour. Then he sped away on his sister's bike.

In the middle of the night last night Willow screamed, "Stop it!! Daddy stop it! Everyone stop it!!" It was so funny. When she woke up she screamed at me, inches from my face, her eyes wide as ever, "More chocolate! More chocolate!! I want more chocolate Mommy!!!!"

Judah progress today below:

  • Judah immediately looked at the timer when I took his chicken out. He knew the timer hadn't gone off yet. He knew it wasn't time to pull his chicken out yet. Then he looked at me. From his face I could see that he was questioning why I was doing this. It bothered him for 2 seconds. Then he forgot about it and ate his chicken. :)

  • Judah is putting his diaper on by himself, slowly and correctly. He did this the two times he put his diaper on today & he did it yesterday as well. He was in underwear for a few hours - no accidents - peed on the potty. He kept one of his diapers dry - peed on the potty.

  • Judah wanted me to take the batteries out of a train that was working. It didn't need batteries. He had asked me to do the same yesterday & I didn't do it - telling him that the train worked fine! This time I inspected the train closer & saw that the wheels weren't running, the train was only talking. Basically the train was half working. He had another train in hand that was fully working. I opened both of the trains - asking him if he wanted me to open. He repeated, "open". I asked him if he wanted me to take out the batteries. He repeated, "take out barees". Soon after, he said, "take it out" with no prompting from me. He showed me that he wanted me to take switch the batteries from one train to the other. He was even putting them in himself. By trading batteries it caused the one that worked only halfway to work 100% (that was the one he wanted to play with). He knew they both had AAA batteries that would work for this. Some trains have AA.
*Batteries fascinate him now. He'll point them out wherever he sees them. They are magic! They make his trains "go"! He used to say "Make it go!" and hand me his train when he wanted me to put batteries in. But now he knows what makes them go.. and instead he holds his train up to me and says, "batteries".

  • I said a few different times that we were going outside. (we went out a few times) Judah looked up every single time & came with us.

  • His sandal came undone while he was playing outside. Instead of crying out, "Mommy!!" and bringing me his shoe to put back on for him, he went into the garage (out of the heat), sat on the floor & fixed his shoe himself without ever saying a word to me! And he NEVER wears sandals so he had to figure out on his own how to fix it!

  • While he was on the floor of the garage he laid his head down under the handle of the wagon, pretending to be stuck. He cried, "Ahhh! Ahhh!!" He does this sometimes. Suddenly there was a bee buzzing on it’s back right next to his head! He freaked out a tiny bit, not much. He did get up though! I smashed it. Then he said, “bee bzzz bzzz!” It was a big one! Typically he would not have been phased at all by this & he likely would have tried to touch it or pick it up. This time he understood what it was & what it could do.


Judah MEDS TAKEN:

·         Probiotic (currently Lichi Super Fruit, Super Probiotic)

                1 caplet every morning

  • Vitamin D3 2000 IU

One daily (every morning)

  •    Levocarnitin 10% (L-Carnitine 1g/10mL)

            1 Tablespoon (15 ML) every morning 

  •  Sleep Factors                                    

            1-2 pills nightly (took 2) 

·         DMG 125 mg w/Folinic Acid & Methyl B-12 (Kirkman brand)

3        capsules every morning

·         Miralax

1-2 times a day (had 1 ½ times today)

·         WP Minerals

1 tablet daily


·          Creon (Pancrilipase)

daily

·         Beta TCP

1-4 daily (done once)

·         Bethanechol 25 mg

              ½ tablet twice a day

·         1 teaspoon Black Strap Molasses in almond milk
          Daily

  • Arctic Cod Liver Oil (Nordic Naturals)
            1 teaspoon daily

  • Methylcobalamin Injection 20 mg/ML (b12)

            .05 ML daily (every night) with folinic acid .05ml added to the shot
Administer B-12 daily for a week (May 30, 2014 is 3rd day.) Then add folinic acid .05ml to each shot.
 
  • Oxy-Mag powder

½ teaspoon once a day

 Meds not fully completed:

  • Clindamycin Phosphate Lotion  (Generic for Cleocin-T)

Apply a thin amount to affected area twice daily for two weeks. Then apply twice weekly as needed. (only did one time)


Meds not at all completed:

  • Organic coconut butter (most of 1 tsp, began to taste it in applesauce and wouldn’t eat after that)
    1-3 teaspoons daily

·          IronUp  (got a couple of tiny sips in)

            1 tsp daily

  •  Powder B-6
    Mix 1 teaspoon powder B-6 with 5 oz. water. Give ½ teaspoon from this mixture every 3-5 days. (did yesterday)

As needed:

Child enema (after more than 24 hours no bowel movement)

Suppository – We usually go straight to enema.


 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you've had a pretty great day right there, with a good massage to boot. A massage has a lot of benefits in your body and overall health, so I think it's best if you do that regularly. Take care always!

    William Connors @ The Healing Station

    ReplyDelete