Saturday, June 28, 2014

Sleeping Family

T showed up early this morning- we headed off to music therapy. Angie had some new techniques - used iPad to watch video of another kid he knows doing the scarf activity he was getting ready to do, swinging (I held his feet, T his arms - he'd never done this before), often giving him a choice (jumping or spinning). He gave a clear answer every time - choosing the one I would have guessed he would choose, so obviously he knew what she was asking and understood the options. One of his best sessions.

T's daughters stopped by the house - it was nice to put faces to the little girls she sometimes mentions. 11 year old identical twins.

I was really glad that T came for the music therapy. It gave us basically 2 hours of driving time to talk. And Judah always seems to do well with 3 adults focused & working with him (like when Rosemary comes for his massage - he absolutely loves it).

Bastian & I stopped at Trent's yard sale. Everyone was present in Trent's garage except Trent. His mom sold us a small table & chair for 3 bucks. T doesn't think she can use the little chairs we have & wants to sit at Judah's level to work with him. The table & chair I bought today aren't light, nor heavy. But they are thick & somewhat weighted. I've never seen a toddler/kid chair & table that doesn't tumble over when you nudge it. Trent's mom wanted to find clothes for Willow. She pulled out many different pieces of clothing for me to look at, but most of them had stains & only 2 or 3 were Willow's actual size, haha. She was a sweet lady.. slowly going through piles of clothing. I told her to stop & she smiled & just kept casually laying pieces of clothing down on the table in front of me. Her daughter is the same - has a peaceful presence.. she sort of floats along, smiling. I bought Willow a jean dress that looked sort of 4th of Julyish for a buck, basically to be polite.

I spent 2 1/2 hours trying to get Willow down tonight. I came into the living room afterwards to find Scott crashed out on the couch. I'm the only one up!

Willow is the funniest toddler I've ever met, like seriously. I'd give good examples but I'm too tired. Tonight I was carrying her to put her down and she said, "Goodnight Scott!" Scott kissed her face & she giggled. Then she said again, "Goodnight Scott!" Scott kissed her face & she laughed even harder. I think we did this 10 times if not more. Today she started calling everyone her "friend". "This is my friend Judah." she told me after we got home from therapy. "You're my friend, Molly." she later told me.

"Goodnight Scott!!"


Last night I promised Sebastian that they could do Play-Doh again today - pics below. Judah smashed many Willow & Bastian creations with his Thomas train. Sebastian made many different flavors of Play-Doh ice cream. Willow really enjoyed using the Play-Doh scissors & cutting out pieces. Sebastian would proudly hold up his Play-Doh creation and say something like, "My snowman!!" Then Willow would grab the nearest scrap or wad of Play-Doh she could find & hold it in the air, announcing the exact same thing.. "My snowman!!" Sebastian's next line is always, "Willow stop copying me!!" Later Sebastian was singing the "clean up song" in Spanish. Willow began to sing along with him. "Willow will you please stop singing, you're hurting my ears!!" Often when he raises his voice at her it's something like, "WILL-OOHHHHHH!" Man, she has it rough with him. Even T mentioned that to me today. Neither one of us can really figure out what's going on there. T can step back & look at things differently though.. I'm betting the real issue will pop out at her soon.

Thomas the Train ran over this little snowman a millisecond after I snapped this. You can see Judah driving Thomas towards him in the pic!


T mentioned someone she knew who had 2 concussions.. which resulted in headaches & forgetfulness.. doc said she was going to have brain damage if the violence didn't stop. I have headaches & forgetfulness.. ?? Made me nervous when she told me that story!

T said she's also had many of the same issues that we had with J's school. And she was trying to work for them! Everything was still top secret & policies trumped all.. every employee comes back at you with the mention of policies when you have any conversation with them beyond hellos & goodbyes. EVERY employee. Maybe they are robots.

T said she will help with Judah's bday party. This is glorious news. Judah usually requires the attention & strength of a few people during events like that. Remember graduation? She will be a lifesaver for sure. She said she'll even get there early!

Off to enjoy my "alone" aka, everyone's asleep time!!

Judah meds.
  • DMG 125 mg w/Folinic Acid &Methyl b-12 3 capsules in morning
  • Probiotic 1 daily in morning
  • Bethanechol 25 mg 1/2 tablet 2/day
  • Vitamin D3 2000 IU one daily(morning)
  • DOCU 150/15ML Liq Hi-Tech 2 MLS  just 1
  • Miralax 1-2 times day - 1 times
  • Oxy-Mag Powder 1/2 teaspoon 1/day 
  • his b-12/folinic shot
  • WP Minerals 1/day
  • Beta TCP 1-4 daily - 1 times
  • Levocarnitin 10% 1 Tablespoon 15MLS every morning
  • skin rash med x 2
Meds not complete
 Meds didn't take
  • Powder B-6 1/2 tsp (fridge mix) every 3-5 days
  • Organic coconut butter 1-3 tsp/day  - 1 tsp
  • DOCU 150/15ML Liq Hi-Tech 2 MLS  missed 1
  • Molasses 1 tsp in almon milk
  • Iron up 1 tsp/day
  • Fish Oil 
Meds we don't have
  • Sleep factor
  • Creon (pancrilipase
  •  

    No comments:

    Post a Comment