Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Warming Up

Today was Talana day! She's a worker! She spent time with not only Judah, but ALL of the kids - getting to know each one. Sebastian was a bit nervous around her at first & stayed outside. I told him he could go play in the play room with T, Judah & Willow and he told me that he probably shouldn't be doing that. A while back I had explained to him that someone was going to come work with Judah & that he & Willow would need to let them have some time & space together. He's a rule follower! I assured him it was fine & he went to play with them.

Poor Willow. T suggested she step out of the room because Judah kept hitting her. Willow seemed to take it the wrong way at first - as if she thought she was doing something wrong. If it were ME advising her to leave, she would have deliberately thrown something at Judah or hit him, she would have done the complete opposite of what I was asking & would have enjoyed every minute of it! So it was strange & a little sad, to see that reaction from her. She got over it in a millisecond though.

Judah hit Willow many times today. He really wanted the solitude of phone & TV a lot today - but I was hardly allowing it at all. He got mad and ran to hit Willow many times today over this. At one point I told him he could use my phone & set it up for him. Then he got side-tracked & forgot he wanted to play on it! I looked down to realize he had never even taken it out of my hand, haha.

I got some nice one-on-one time with Sebastian while Willow napped. Sebastian & I walked down the street & checked the mail. He was very excited when I let him cross the street on his bike & ride down the opposite side of the street. Riding in the street (even if it is just crossing the street) is a very big deal to him. After all, Trent & Cooper ride in the street.. of course they are older and of course they give him a hard time about it.

We spent a lot of time outside. Garage repair guy came & fixed the garage door - it opens & closes like butter now, very smooth. ;) We did chalk art on the driveway, Judah ran in the yard a bit, Sebastian rode his bike a lot today, etc. But it was really HOT - I had the kids outside in spurts, I couldn't take it... because I'm from PHOENIX, haha. I guess I've outgrown the skill of living comfortably inside a fire pit.

I need to set up a work area for Talana - she will be closed up in the laundry room! It was the only spot we could find that had most of what was needed, which was no distractions, a door that closed, space away from everyone that they wouldn't need to move through & room for a table & chairs.

Judah progress was phenomenal today. Either myself or Sebastian told him to say something today.. like "Thank you. Let's go." It was two separate thoughts. Judah said them back in a different order! At times he will now say things that I ask him to say, but in a different way, using a different word, etc., This definitely makes it valid that he is processing, not just repeating, and most definitely using his language skills & creative thinking!

T & I are going to try & come up with a solid day routine for everyone. She brought card stock to make the picture cards. I showed her the computer program I have. She said she is going to install that same program on her computer & print up some of the pictures tonight. We're starting with a very basic schedule, covering only a fraction of the day & using a minimal amount of pictures. Then of course we will expand over time. I'm excited!! A schedule has NEVER worked for us. This is definitely a fresh start though. We also went through the papers that Judah's school speech therapist had sent home. They were filled with ideas on ways to work with Judah. I may work on those tonight.

Tomorrow the plan is to GET OUT. Sebash really wants to go to the park tomorrow, but he will be with Gramma when Talana is here. T told him we would go to the park tomorrow if he didn't get to go tonight - which he didn't. The rest of us will still go though. I may need to buy more sunscreen! haha

By mid-day the kids were comfortable with Talana. Both Judah & Willow jumped up & down yelling, "Bye!!!" & waving as she left, haha. Sebastian, mister social, strangely enough, was the only one who had a bit of a challenge accepting her role I think. She bonded with him through teaching him about can labels he was cutting out for school. She knows Spanish- there was a little bonding there as well when she saw all of the Spanish homework posted on his walls. She also used to work at Buttercup! And he got an added bonus today of having one-on-one with Mom, which doesn't happen often enough - not intentionally, but it's just the way our life has ended up situated & needs to be changed. So overall, still a good day for him, different, but still really good.

Bash was good for the most part this evening. He sprayed Daddy with air freshener as soon as Daddy walked through the door, home from work. He was kind of obnoxious while brushing his teeth & was loud for a while tonight. This all started when Scott arrived home, which was after 8, so Bash had little time to go crazy.  He laid quietly with Willow & I for a good chunk of time & did well with his massage (I think).

T is back tomorrow - should be a fun day!!
Judah meds.
  • Probiotic 1 daily in morning
  • Bethanechol 25 mg 1/2 tablet 2/day
  • Vitamin D3 2000 IU one daily(morning)
  • DMG 125 mg w/Folinic Acid &Methyl b-12 3 capsules in morning
  • DOCU 150/15ML Liq Hi-Tech 2 MLS 2/day
  • Levocarnitin 10% 1 Tablespoon 15MLS every morningli>
  • Creon (pancrilipase)
  • Miralax 1-2 times day
  • Oxy-Mag Powder 1/2 teaspoon 1/day
  • Arctic Cod Liver Oil 1 teaspoon
  • Organic coconut butter 1-3 tsp/day
  • his b-12/folinic shot
  • Bethanechol 25 mg 1/2 tablet 2/day only 1/2 today
  • WP Minerals 1/day
Meds didn't take
  • Molasses 1 tsp in almon milk
  • Powder B-6 1/2 tsp (fridge mix) every 3-5 days
  • Iron up 1 tsp/day
  • Beta TCP 1-4 daily
  • Sleep factor
  • Fish Oil 

No comments:

Post a Comment