Thursday, June 5, 2014

My First Conversation With Judah

Today was hands down the best day Judah has ever had. I had my first conversation with him! This is a milestone day!! Sebastian has been enjoying it as well. School didn't mention his progress much, they just commented on his nose not being so bloody today. But man, we were sitting in the van before his class started and he says to me out of nowhere, "French fries?" I replied, "French fries? You want French fries?" He says, "I want French fries!" Of course, I have no French fries on hand & fast food places usually don't make them in the morning, but if they did we would have been on our way! This sudden bound in progress certainly called for French fries! I asked him if he wanted other things - just to experiment more with his conversation skills. I asked him if he wanted chocolate and he said, "nope". I asked him if he wanted water, milk, etc. He said, "no" to each one. Then he said, "French fries!!"

After that he noticed that my arm looked like a bridge (I was reaching behind my seat and leaning on his seat). He said "Bridge!!" He rode the bridge with his hand & I made it collapse. We did this repeatedly - Willow & Judah both thought that was really funny.

I asked him if he wanted to go to class. He said, "Nope!" I asked him if he wanted to see his teachers. He said, "Okaaay". Usually it's a repetition of "nope". This time I knew he was truly understanding & answering my questions!

From that point on today, every time he talked to me the first word was always, "Mommy". Oh my gosh, that felt so good.

He heard someone on the television say, "egg". And he said, "Chocolate egg!" Then he said "egg" and "chocolate egg" more as he was watching the show.

On the way home he pointed at a fire truck that was cruising by. He said, "Mommy! Fire truck!!"

I asked him to turn off the light in the play room. Since we weren't actually in the play room, only near it, this confused him. He turned off the light in the hallway. I asked him again to turn off the light in the play room. He went to the light switch by the front door. I asked him to turn off the light in the play room again, this time nodding my head in the direction of the play room & pointing into the room. He got it then.

He also pointed out pumpkins today and said, "pumpkin". He has done that quite a bit before.

This was a big one!-- He said, "Mommy! Dee beee dee.. " and he kept practicing that word to himself until I said, "DVD?" and he says, "Deee beee deee!!" I said, "Do you want me to play a DVD?" and he said, "Play!" That was in the van (we have a dvd player in it).

We were heading outside and he said, "Mommy! P-train!" as soon as he walked out the door. I said, "You want P-train?" and he said, "P-train!" I told him, "Let's go get him!" and he ran back inside! He found P-train pretty quickly - I said, "You found P-train!" He looked at me & smiled, then he took P-train outside and covered him with rocks, only P-train's face peeking out, haha. But he understood me when I told him we should go inside and get it! And he made a point of verbalizing what he wanted before we went inside (not pulling me inside & saying it there or only pointing at what he wanted). He was asking for my help! He was giving me the option of helping him. I guarantee he would have gone in on his own had I not gone. Usually he just goes on his own and comes back out with a train, not saying a word to anyone.

P-train is how he refers to Percy now for some reason. And of course Thomas has changed to "Thomas the Train". "Chips" for French fries has turned into "French fries" for French fries! He requests juice, then water (if i have no juice) if we are in the car & have driven through McDonald's, because he knows I will be getting at least one of them. It's typically water - and he downs the whole thing now. The kids got free ice cream today and I bought Judah fries. When I asked Sebastian & Willow if they wanted ice cream, Judah says, "Ice cream!!" He's fascinated with ice cream & eggs. He will call them by name clearly & point them out constantly.. But they are not anything he would eat, more importantly they are things he should NOT eat. Egg is actually a big allergy for him. And he doesn't eat casein.

I could list things he said & did on here for an entire typed page! It was the best day ever for him - and I'm pretty certain he was aware of that as well. He also did a LOT of repeating words that he heard, so many that he had never tried to repeat before.. and complex (for him) phrases too!

Willow pointed out a package of baby food prunes in the cabinet. It was in a plastic package, so she didn't realize it was Judah food. I think she thought it was chocolate pudding. I opened it for her and she studied it, finally saying, "yuck". Then she ate the whole thing!! She has been her usual self today - completely full of joy & personality. She's constantly copying her brothers. She's learning a lot from them! Sebastian was still on her a lot today, but not nearly as much as yesterday. Today he blamed her when he pushed her down the driveway on a ride-on toy really quickly & she crashed. I had just told him not to do this and she was screaming "no!!" before they had even made it to the top of the driveway.  He didn't listen quite a bit today. But there were pieces of the day where he made an effort to - I could tell. At one point in the day I had just told him that he needed to come inside. He told me that it didn't matter what I said and that he was going back out - and he did! Then he walked back in & said he was just kidding. ?? I hope that wasn't fore-shadowing of new behavior to come.

Sebastian's neighborhood pals, Trent & Cooper, were being massive jerks today. Apparently Trent lifted Sebastian and carried him out into the street. Sebastian had told him not to. Cooper came and rang our doorbell during their play. I opened the door and he immediately started ranting about how Sebastian had jumped into the street. Sebastian was standing behind him & exclaimed, "Because you left my bike in the street Cooper!" I said, "Alright, it's time to come in." Sebastian stayed out to put his stuff away. He took way too long so I headed out to see what he was doing. I found him running down the sidewalk, yelling at Cooper to bring his chalk back. Sebastian found it by the sidewalk where Cooper had dropped it. Cooper immediately ran over & stole it again! They took it right out of his hands! At this point I'm yelling down the street, "Cooper!!! Bring his chalk back!!! RIGHT NOW!!" And he still didn't. ???!?! Trent's older sister, Sophia, drifted across the street, casually took the bucket from Cooper and floated down to our house, chalk bucket in hand, not a care in the world. Then she took out some chalk and did a drawing of a happy little stick figure on our driveway. I thanked her as she was leaving. After all, I couldn't leave the house to go chase those boys. We were lucky she was there to intercept the bucket & put a stop to the situation - who knew how long that could have gone on! I really had no way of helping Sebastian but to yell, which obviously did nothing.

Not long after that catastrophe, I found the garage open. I asked Sebastian why it was open. I had shut it when Trent & Cooper had arrived. I had to tell Cooper to get off of the toddler toys as soon as I had walked out to shut it. They had been here for like 2 minutes!! After I shut it, Trent & Cooper piled into the big wagon and Sebastian tried to pull them up the driveway. Cooper ended up helping him. They were loud & having lots of fun.

Sebastian just wasn't being treated well during this play time. Cooper told him, "If you can't go in the street then why am I even friends with you??" He's been known to say some crappy things like that to Sebastian, once even telling Sebastian that he was a waste of his time.

It turns out, Trent & Cooper had been the ones to open the garage. Sebastian said they were opening & closing it.. he had told them to stop many times.

I don't want them hanging out with Sebastian anymore. Sophia I don't mind at all, she's like a wave of peace floating through the neighborhood, but Sebastian isn't nearly as focused on her as he is the boys. He'd probably just phase Sophia out if the boys disappeared.

Sebastian told me tonight that Trent & Cooper play differently because they are older - it's good to know that he realizes that! He said they play and they get hurt. He said that them being older caused the problems that happened today. Yes, they are older, but they are also not very nice!! He understands, but he's still not going to like it when we have to pull him away from them. He thrives around them & has lots of fun. But he does the same at school on the playground with his friends. I saw that today. He has all the confidence in the world when he is among his peers - and even some suave added to that. The friends at school took his backpack. He chased them, making some of his cooky Sebastian sounds very loudly. This was followed by him yelling, "Criminal!!!" Eventually he stopped chasing them and just went to play something else - but he continued to interact with them in some way. He was just ignoring the fact that they had not given up his backpack. I was pretty shocked at his behavior! Very mature.

Judah MEDS TAKEN:

  • Probiotic (currently Lichi Super Fruit, Super Probiotic)

       1 caplet every morning


  • Vitamin D3 2000 IU
One daily (every morning)

  •    Levocarnitin 10% (L-Carnitine 1g/10mL)
            1 Tablespoon (15 ML) every morning

  • Beta TCP
1-4 daily (for constipation) - did once


  • Methylcobalamin Injection 20 mg/ML (b12)

      .05 ML daily (every night)

Administer B-12 daily for a week (May 30, 2014 is 3rd day.) Then add folinic acid .05ml to each shot.

  •  Sleep Factors                                    

      1-2 pills nightly (took 2)

 

  • DMG 125 mg w/Folinic Acid & Methyl B-12 (Kirkman brand)

       3 capsules every morning


  • Miralax

1-2 times a day (had once today)
 

  • 1 teaspoon Black Strap Molasses in almond milk


      Daily

  • Creon (Pancrilipase)


  •           daily

     

      Didn't complete all doses: 


  •  Oxy-Mag powder
  • ½ teaspoon once a day - gave him 1/2 dose (forgot to do other half!)
  • Bethanechol 25 mg

  •    ½ tablet twice a day - forgot second dose


    •  Clindamycin Phosphate Lotion  (Generic for Cleocin-T)


    Apply a thin amount to affected area twice daily for two weeks. Then apply twice weekly as needed.  - did just one time

     Meds not completed:



    • WP Minerals
    1 tablet daily (wouldn't eat the baby food it was in, I think he was full?)



    Organic coconut butter

    1-3 teaspoons daily - (wouldn't eat the baby food it was in, I think he was full?)



    IronUp 

                      1 teaspoon daily - Scott wasn't able to get this in him.

  • Powder B-6

  • Mix 1 teaspoon powder B-6 with 5 oz. water. Give ½ teaspoon from this mixture every 3-5 days. (Scott unaware it was in fridge) - not necessary every single day.



    •  Arctic Cod Liver Oil (Nordic Naturals)      - shipped
              380 EPA/510 DHA                                                                          
              8 Fluid Ounces/237 ml                                                                               
     1 teaspoon daily

     

    As needed:


    Child enema (after more than 24 hours no bowel movement)

    Suppository – We usually go straight to enema.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment