Monday, June 9, 2014

Sebastian Graduates from Kindergarten!

I missed this blog post due to a migraine - I'm just going to roll back time a day & write it! This is unedited as I don't have all the time in the world people! :)

Sebastian graduated Kindergarten tonight!! His graduating class was huge! I believe it was over 60 kids! I know there are 34 in his class (the am class), but not sure how many are in the pm class. They wore blue caps & gowns with a 2014 tassel. There was a sign on the wall the read - Class of 2026. My first thought was, "Why didn't they take that down for graduation? It's right by the stage, jeez!!" My second thought was, "And it's not even really that great of a sign."
Later in the graduation I glanced at that ugly sign again, still irritated that it was going to show up in my photos. Then it clicked. MY kid is graduating in 2026. Wait, my kid is graduating?? That's when he graduates high school? I have never calculated his graduating year in my head (obviously). I rarely even think about him graduating from high school - he's still losing his teeth! That was a trip. After graduation we took photos, right in front of that horribly under-decorated sign & it made me tear up a little.

His class sang Spanish song after Spanish song. I'll admit, I didn't look at the program until the end of the night. I video taped each song. After the first song was done I sat down. After the second song was done, I sat down. I did the same after the 3rd. There couldn't be more than 3 songs! Oh yes, many more were to come! I stopped sitting down, it was pointless.

The awesome thing about his graduation was how relaxed the environment was. It was held in the gymnasium. There was plenty of room for the little siblings to not be held captive to their seat all night long. It was a 2 hour graduation. The singing, the incredibly long slide show (many songs played beginning to end during the slide show - I think she used every single photo the parents sent in!!) and the fact that there were over 60 little children graduating easily took up 2 hours. After each child graduated their family was allowed to sneak up to the front & take some photos. They were told to give a "thumbs up" when they were done so the next kid could graduate. They should do this at all graduations! Brilliant idea.

Sebastian's teacher kept crying. She mentioned that the principal was soon to be replaced as he was moving back home to Chile soon. And then she cried. She mentioned an assistant who worked the first half of the year with her. She cried. She said something during the slide show, but the music was to loud for her to talk over. Then she cried. She said "Adios" to her class. And then of course.. she cried.

The walls of the gym were decorated in life-size cut outs of the students that they had colored themselves. I'll post a pic below. When Sebastian was allowed to sit with us (during the 20 hour slide show), one of the first things he said to me was, "See Mom! I told you she had a special suit for us to wear!" Ha. Willow pointed to her dress & said, "Willow's dress", then she pointed to my dress & said, "Mommy's dress" and lastly she pointed to Sebastian wearing his cap & gown and said, "Bastian's dress", hahaa. She did a lot of dancing during the ceremony. She danced near the wall where the gym mats were lined up. She danced and then jumped into the gym mats. Gramma tried to take a picture of Willow when she could catch her smiling. Willow was well aware of this. She smiled, Gramma lifted her camera & Willow lifted her dress & put her hand on her diaper, right in between her legs!! haha. People next to us were laughing. I should have put her in pants - we had enough dresses in the group as it was.

Judah was a handful. He had a meltdown before we even made it into the building! He wanted to follow Sebastian into the side door where all of the other Kindergarten kids were going. He was on the ground crying & screaming. Daddy tried to hold him. Dave chased him & tried to hold him. I tried to hold him. When we finally were able to go into the building he was fine. But after 2 minutes in his seat he had had enough. If we held him in our lap he would cry & scream. If we let him go he would wander off. During the ceremony Mom asked me, "Where's Dave?" We looked up to see Dave running in front of the stage, chasing Judah! We were laughing so hard we were in tears! Sorry Dave. Scott was on camera duty but that was quickly diverted to me once we realized how active & emotional Judah was going to be. I was so nervous that we weren't going to get to enjoy our first kid's graduation. Then I became sad when I started thinking that maybe we should have left Judah out of his brother's big night. The crowd was just too much for him. Although he was just elated when everyone started applauding. His eyes lit up, he smiled as if he'd just met Thomas himself and he clapped like there was no tomorrow!

There were gluten-free cookies included in the tables of cookies. Cookies & juice - just what the parents were all instructed to bring. If it doesn't have sugar in it, don't bother. His teacher is not too conscious of what results in feeding 5 and 6 year olds pounds of sugar. Of course, she gives it to them & then sends them home - so why would she have any notion of how insane this is?

Gramma & Papa were there for graduation. Ya know, I think that we would not have been able to see & enjoy all of Sebastian's graduation had they not been there. They were there for Sebastian of course, but they gave us the opportunity to experience our son's first graduation. Makes me cry. Thank you guys, so much.

Just too funny not to mention. Tonight I spent hours trying to rearrange items in the kitchen. Between the new fridge (we can't reach the cabinets above it very well now) and the increase in Judah's meds, and my irritation with reaching over the dishwasher to put dishes away - it was definitely time to rearrange the cabinets! I'm also cleaning & lining them as I go along. I'm lining the fridge as well - it looks really cool with contact paper on the shelves & makes it so easy to clean!!

Anyway, I told Scott a few times that he could feel free to give me input on where things could go. He just kept telling me that I could do whatever I wanted. When I asked the final time he came into the kitchen to check it out. He said, "Hmmm.." as he looked through a few cabinets. He was obviously just trying to come up with something to say. He asked, "Where are we going to put the canned goods rotator?" The what?? Did we have something cool I wasn't even aware of??! Then I realized.. "Are you talking about the Lazy Susan?" He says, "Yeah, whatever." I had a big laugh - at my own expense, he definitely wasn't giving me any more input after that!! haha

After graduation, the headache I had been fighting all day finally got the best of me. The huge gathering of people probably did me in. I laid with Willow in our bed & didn't get up till the next morning.

Some Judah progress today below!
  • Judah named dog & cat today and pointed them out.
  • After we awoke this morning I asked Judah, "Do you need to potty?" He said, "Yeiiiis!" then looked surprised and added, "Me! Mommy!!" I followed him into the bathroom where he went potty on his own. Yes??? That was so huge. I've never heard him say that so clearly, and he rarely RARELY ever says yes or yeah or anything along those lines.
  • Judah walked into the bathroom to see me & said, "Mommy! How are you doing!" (he's been saying 'how are you' but never this!)
  • While we were watching a video, he pointed out trains that I didn't know & named them.
  • I was having a hard time figuring out which button to press on the TV to get the volume back. Willow had shut the volume off somehow. When Judah saw that I didn't know what to press he pointed at the correct button and said, "that button". I pressed it and he said, "Good job."
  • Judah dropped a train on my foot & said, "Sorry Mommy, Sorry."
  • I put a toy back together for him. He tried it & saw that it worked. Then he said, "Yes!!", making a fist.
Judah had a couple big poops today - if I remember right.
·         Probiotic (currently Lichi Super Fruit, Super Probiotic)
                        1 caplet every morning
  • Vitamin D3 2000 IU
One daily (every morning)
  •    Levocarnitin 10% (L-Carnitine 1g/10mL)
            1 Tablespoon (15 ML) every morning
  •  Sleep Factors                                    
            1-2 pills nightly (took 2) 
·         DMG 125 mg w/Folinic Acid & Methyl B-12 (Kirkman brand)
3        capsules every morning
  • Organic coconut butter
    1-3 teaspoons daily
·         Miralax
1-2 times a day (had once today)
·         WP Minerals
1 tablet daily
·          IronUp 
            1 tsp daily
·          Clindamycin Phosphate Lotion  (Generic for Cleocin-T)
Apply a thin amount to affected area twice daily for two weeks. Then apply twice weekly as needed
·         Creon (Pancrilipase)
·         Oxy-Mag powder ½ teaspoon once a day
·         Beta TCP
1-4 daily (done once)
·         Bethanechol 25 mg
              ½ tablet twice a day (only did first dose)
·         1 teaspoon Black Strap Molasses in almond milk
 Meds not fully completed: none
Meds not at all completed:
  • Arctic Cod Liver Oil (Nordic Naturals)     (forgot we had it)
1 teaspoon daily
·         Powder B-6
Mix 1 teaspoon powder B-6 with 5 oz. water. Give ½ teaspoon from this mixture every 3-5 days.  (did 3 days ago)
  • Methylcobalamin Injection 20 mg/ML (b12) (I was passed out with migraine – I doubt either of us could do this on our own & Scott has never done the injection.)
            .05 ML daily (every night)
Administer B-12 daily for a week (May 30, 2014 is 3rd day.) Then add folinic acid .05ml to each shot.
As needed:
Child enema (after more than 24 hours no bowel movement)
Suppository – We usually go straight to enema.


No comments:

Post a Comment