Monday, March 24, 2014

Baby

Meemaw & Granddad left today. The kids miss them already, we all do. Scott told me their flight was delayed. We're hoping they made it home safely & within the same day! :)

Scott's still limping around on his leg. He's going to work - thank goodness he doesn't have to walk much there!

The kids & I were heading out of the house to get in the van this afternoon. Judah kept saying, "Beebee! Beebee!" He took my hand & brought me to the play room, where Willow was just hanging out. He didn't want her to be forgotten. He often freaks out when it looks like Willow may be getting left behind. He never says, "baby" though. He usually says, "Wait!!" and pulls me back to get her. I catch him calling her "baby" every once in a while, but never in that situation. Maybe he sees her as a baby still, or maybe that's just his name for her. Either way, very, very sweet.

I got up before Sebastian this morning. He was very upset. It took quite a while for him to calm down. Every time I tried to talk to him, he would stop & look at me with big eyes, as if he were expecting me to say something that would fix everything. He was probably hoping I would offer to turn back time, or something equivalent to that. He would explode into tears every time I finished talking. When I told him that he needed to go to his room to calm down, it stopped.. well on & off, but got much better. There are certain situations that trigger meltdowns for him. We tiptoe around them.. let him be the first to go in the house, to tell a story, to turn a light off.

In class tonight we talked about how a routine or ritual can become a problem, which is basically when it interferes with your life. For Scott, all of this talk kept bringing Sebastian to mind. When he told me that it made me think.. Crap, we need to do something about that.

The asd class tonight was informative, we got some more good resources & ideas. At one point Scott gave an example of Judah not wanting to go to the store. This issue popped up all over the place in the next 30 minutes of class. After a while I thought to myself, "Why are we still talking about this?!?" But the class was sad.. it always makes me sad.. it's like stepping onto a different plane, where we can all relate to one another's stories, opinions, ideas & irritations. It's a place that others might find intriguing, frightening, weird or intolerable. But it's our life. These sessions go on past the scheduled class time, every time. Being with people who live in the same tiny world is hard to walk away from sometimes.

Gramma notes from this evening:

 First Picnic of the Season!

The kids arrived at Gramma and Papa's ready to play! It was a beautiful 70 degree day. Sebastian climbed to the top of the tree and is so careful. Papa stood below, coaching and ready to help but Sebastian is very agile. Time to look for bigger trees in Woodmansee Park!

Bikes, scooters, balls, bows and arrows were major forms of engagement on the patio. Also, Sebastian found his way into his "fort" under the rhododendrum bushes in the front yard. A nice little hideaway. Willow tried to visit.

Judah played toll keeper with Sebastian. He would sit on Papa's lap and each time Sebastian rolled through he put out his legs, saying, "ding, ding," and made Sebastian pay him a $5 toll fee! Great fun. Willow rode Sebastian's scooter as well as her own smaller ride-on. She also kicked the ball to Papa and Gramma a lot. Very agile! Later, Judah took my hand and led me upstairs to find a "movie." He wanted to watch a little "Bob."


When we went upstairs, Willow told me to "sit in the chair" and 'we read." She got a book for her and one for me. I crossed my legs and started to read, sneaking a peek at her. She was turning page after page, legs crossed, pretending to read. So cute!

We had a first picnic of the season! It was warm enough to sit outside so we had supper on the back deck. Everyone loved that, although Willow was pretty outspoken about "I want play outside." HA!  Everyone seemed to have fun and the time went quickly. We managed to get everyone a bath after supper and have pajamas on before Scott and Molly returned.

Judah had 1 tablespoon (one dose) of the doctor prescribed L-carnitine. He had 2 doses of Docusate Sodium, 2000 i.u. vitamin d, three tablets 125 mg folinic acid with b-12, one probiotic, fish oil & 1 dose of Miralax. He had 3 bowel movements.

No comments:

Post a Comment