Friday, March 28, 2014

The Princess & The Frog, Miraculous!

I swear it took 5 1/2 hours to get shoes & socks on, potty, another dirty diaper??, she didn't mean to spill that.. but that spill, totally intentional, get off of the table!.. you can't reach them through the TV!! Pixie stop biting!

Some days that pretty much sums it up.

Judah progress continued to shine even more today. I can't think of one time today where I felt that he wasn't hearing me, captured in his own world. There was one time when he was very upset. I asked him to pick up his shirt in that moment, very stupid of me. He continued to cry & I asked him to get his shirt a few more times.. he finally went over in the direction I was pointing and put the potty chair back together. He didn't understand what I was asking him to do. After reading "The Reason I Jump", I can see that he could have been emotional because he wasn't understanding. That was likely added on top of the original issue - being upset over having to get himself dressed. Praise, praise, praise.. even when the accomplishment seems very small, still praise. When he was struggling to get his shirt on & giving up quickly, I didn't help him like he wanted me to, I just praised him - and that was enough, his confidence eventually came through. However, when we are in a rush I totally mess this up. No more rushing!!

I touched Willow's face & tummy with my cold hands tonight and said, "cold". I do this to the kids a lot - they think it's funny. She felt my hand on her face and said, "ice!" hahaha

Judah ran across the street today as we were getting out of the van. There was a kid walking home from school on the opposite side of the street. He ran straight for her! There was no hesitation & he did not seem to be aware that he was in a very dangerous situation. He ran, looking only straight ahead. Kids walking by sometimes excites him, but not always. Sometimes he will come up to them and act friendly, but only when they are on our side of the street. If they are on the opposite side of the street he might yell "hi!" & get excited. But this time he just took off! I ran like lightning to get to him! I dropped everything & pushed Sebastian out of my way (sorry about that Bash).

Scott took the kids to McDonald's tonight, while I stayed here & get some things done outside. He said the boys went crazy in the play area - climbing, sliding, running & playing with other kids. Willow stayed within Daddy distance. Apparently there were a ton of kids there.

Judah's energy was sky-rocketing this afternoon, his attention span was scattered. All of the kids played together in the living room this morning for quite a while. Sebastian & Judah each got in a tent & jumped around the house (Judah's idea). That was really funny. It was pure craziness this morning! But then I put on the Princess & the Frog.. and SILENCE. So weird.

Judah had a big poop today & got his b-12 shot last night (not sure if I mentioned that). Beautiful day for him - I can tell he is listening & hearing me. He's been a new kid today. I am so in awe of the surprises he brings. It's really an amazing experience to have him in your life.

Judah had 1 tablespoon (one dose) of the doctor prescribed L-carnitine. He had 2 doses of Docusate Sodium, 2000 i.u. vitamin d, three tablets 125 mg folinic acid with b-12 & one probiotic. We forgot the fish oil & Miralax, ugh!

***** Judah took his first sleeping supplement this evening right before bed. I mixed it with apple sauce. It is called "A Restful Night Sleep". He woke up a few hours after bed and was easily put back to sleep. I should have taken him to the potty. He woke again at 1am (crying & upset) & soaked.

No comments:

Post a Comment