Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Laryngitis?

Today I have no voice, literally. It's so hard disciplining your children when you have no voice. They say, "Don't.. what??", over & over. It's very confusing to them & pretty much pointless as far as discipline goes. Tonight I told Scott to talk for me. He wasn't incredibly comfortable holding all of the parental power at first, but that changed pretty quickly.

We had a nice, long drive through & around Dallas today. A woman from Dallas offered us a free CD player (doc recommended playing sounds of nature while Judah sleeps). We were going to be in Dallas anyway so I thought I would just drop by. I think I missed one turn which directed the GPS to make me go in a gigantic circle to make it back to that point again. I'm talking miles & miles & even highway time. We could have driven to Portland and back in the amount of time I was completely lost & completely dependent on a GPS. Thank goodness for our car DVD players.

Sebastian is very much into chalk art the past 2 days. Our driveway & sidewalk leading to the porch are a gigantic work of art! You can't miss it when you drive by our house.

Judah had an incredible poop today. I think the playroom carpet may be officially ruined. I went through a lot of Resolve & scrubbed so hard I was out of breath. I left the room a few times to do other things, and every time I came back Judah was on his hands & knees scrubbing the floor. I think he was embarrassed. Playroom, kitchen, hallway, bathroom.. it was a good stretch of liquid poop. Willow just stood & stared as I cleaned, she had very little words. Although she did find Sebastian & try to tell him what she had just seen by saying, "Sebastian! Yuck! Yucky!" and pointing to the playroom. Sebastian was well aware of the yuck as he was on the potty having his own personal yuck while I helped Judah clean up in the shower. Lots of Resolve, lots of room spray, 2 burning candles & open windows.

I think it's very much time to get Judah pooping on the potty again! He had little pain today & it came quick - I think potty for this would be appropriate now.

I think I may have laryngitis. I looked it up & it sounds like what I have.

Scott went to the doctor, got a shot of antibiotics (he said it was a full vial) and medication. His leg hurts worse & he still feels like crap, some chills.

Today was the first day of Spring Break for the boys. Willow slept through the entire night & even woke up late this morning! It was bizarre & beautiful. Judah, however, was in bed with us all night. Daddy usually ends up sleeping with him in his room, but Daddy wasn't about to get out of bed last night (or the night before). So Judah's been doing some snoozing with us.

Time for the B-12 shot.

Judah had L-carnitine, 2 doses of Docusate Sodium, 2000 i.u. vitamin d, three tablets 125 mg folinic acid with b-12, one probiotic, fish oil & 1 dose of Miralax. He also had a very memorable (visually & mentally) bowel movement. Poor thing.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment